XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Cleaning tips for interior.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Cleaning tips for interior.

Any tips for getting smudges off of the cloth door post trim?
Also sole scuff marks off of the door panel trim and door sills?
Thanks again.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts

I've used Multi-Purpose GOOP Hand Cleaner (Critzas Industries, St. Louis, MO), and it works very well. You might first test in a small unnoticeable area of the fabric to make sure it doesn't wash out the color. The stuff is great because it's also a stain remover on washable clothing, vinyl, canvas, woodwork, and rugs.

I had a black streak on the leather of the front seat. Gently massaged a dollop of GOOP over the streak in a circular motion for a couple minutes, and it slowly dissolved the streak away. Also removed shoe streaks on the vinyl of the door and trim.

The following users liked this post:
Dan R (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by kbeachy
I've used Multi-Purpose GOOP Hand Cleaner (Critzas Industries, St. Louis, MO), and it works very well. You might first test in a small unnoticeable area of the fabric to make sure it doesn't wash out the color. The stuff is great because it's also a stain remover on washable clothing, vinyl, canvas, woodwork, and rugs.

I had a black streak on the leather of the front seat. Gently massaged a dollop of GOOP over the streak in a circular motion for a couple minutes, and it slowly dissolved the streak away. Also removed shoe streaks on the vinyl of the door and trim.
That looks to be the ideal stuff! Thanks.

Last edited by Dan R; 09-25-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Spelling