XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control

My AC system is not working very well. Full AC in the summer did not cool the car to a reasonable temperature, though some cooling was provided in the AC mode.
The following diagnostic codes showed up:
U2525 Reserved for Jaguar CAN faults
P2516 Unknown code
Because the Heat part of the HVAC is also not working I suspect the cabin temperature sensor is not working
Any ideas for trouble shooting and corrective action?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,462 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Is the fan operating ? There is a fan control module that fails; doesn't normally throw fault codes, though.

Have you had an air con regas recently ?

Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Default Climate Control

Thanks Fraser
The fan is working
I tried recharging but the charge seemed to be in the right range

Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 445 Likes on 282 Posts

So is the system blowing a lot of air (blower on high speed) but the vent temperature is too hot (summer)/cold (winter)? If you turn the temp up to max and the fan up to max, set the dash vents, is the air hot?

Could be 2 separate issues. But if the combination not cold enough ac and not warm enough heat, you might be dealing with a blend door or temperature sensor issue.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM

I would like to join the discussion. I have a 2003 whose climate control was working great, but then started blowing hot air even though the temperature was higher than the outside temperature. It should have been blowing cold air. I lowered the setting and at some point, got a/c. It seems to be getting worse as I can not just pick a lower temperature and it adjust as needed to keep the same ambient temperature.

If I set to max cold, I get a/c and can more or less control the temp with the fan setting. If I set to max heat...I get plenty of heat.

I have read a lot of these forums relative to some vents blowing cold while some blow hot. Haven't really noticed that.

I blew out and applied electrical cleaner to the sensor near the ignition. May have noticed a difference, maybe just wishful thinking.

It spontaneously worked for a while and then quit again.

Has plenty of freon.

I looked at the JaguarClimateControl site and noticed at the bottom it has a few things to consider.

I really don't want to do the whole test procedure if the information I have given knocks a few possibilities out.

I'll note my repairman (not a Jaguar dealer) thought it was something like the baffles?? But I was not convinced he knew what he was talking about and he wanted 600+ for the part to change out.

Looking for some guidance here on how to troubleshoot and fix.

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the same issues you have described....what was the outcome of yours?
I've replaced my DCCV, checked the CCM- no burns, cleaned the sensors....
Not sure what else to check- maybe a climate diagnostics through a dealer to check blend door actuator positions??

Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 AM

I haven't got back to it. Bought another newer Jag S-type that works! But I still need to fix the 03, because I want to sell it. I think the blend doors may be what my mechanic wanted to replace....referred to as baffles above. Not an inexpensive fix.

There must be some folks out there who have dealt with this issue...Looking for some Jag Wisdom...

Old 12-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to try to get a climate system diagnostic done before I start throwing parts (sensors/blend doors...) at it. I believe my issue may be a blend door problem too...but with an IDS climate scan they can see positions of doors vs where they should be. Will let you know...

Old 12-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Default Is Climate control a design fault?

Sorry for not replying earlier but I was travelling.
We are now in what passes for Winter here in the SF Bay area. Just before I left I found the AC was working weakly and concluded that it just could not keep up with the heat load from sunshine. Now the climate control needs to heat, I find it heats weakly but gets there eventually. In both modes, recirculation speeds things up
This I assume eliminates the cabin sensor as a culprit. Stuck baffles does not seem likely since they control airflow which seems to be adequate.
I am now coming to the conclusion that there is no way to get the blast of hot or cold air needed to adjust temperatures into an adequate zone and wonder if the problem of inadequate HVAC is a design problem or stems from a poorly designed or broken microprocessor algorithm?
Since I am new to the car, I have no experience of it working right, so have nothing to use as a basis of comparison. Can anyone throw light on the normal performance of the X350 and X358 HVAC systems?

Old 12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 771 Likes on 644 Posts

IMO you most certainly have a fault in the HVAC.

When I start my Jag up from cold and drive it I get heat when the gauge is still on the blue section!

This week I drove up to the city and the ext temp was showing 37 deg C and I had the HVAC

set to auto and 22 deg C.

I never use the auto but once it had cooled the cabin down it was just ticking over at 22 deg C.