XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Dumb but lucky

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Dumb but lucky

Hi there,
I am using the term "dumb" in its American colloquial sense...lack of smarts, not inability to speak.

The other day I went to a local gas station to fill up For some reason they sell gas way cheaper than anyone else around where I live. I paid $2.79 a gallon for premium. Let's hear it for fraking...and take that OPEC!

Anyhow after filling up I pulled out my key to start up...and I dropped it down the crack between the seat and the console. There is no way I can get my hand down there. I needed something like a screw driver but had nothing like that with me. So there I sat trying to dig it out from the front and rear of the seat, while occasionally apologizing to the people I was blocking from the pump.

A guy from another pump came over and said "Let me help". He took hold of the seat control and lifted the seat as high as it would go, then all the way forward. There was the key in plain sight and all I had to do was pick it up.

Live and learn.

Tom

Old 09-19-2015, 11:33 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not the worst that could happen. ever lock your keys in the truck? seriously embarrassing.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SableCat
Hi there,
I am using the term "dumb" in its American colloquial sense...lack of smarts, not inability to speak.

The other day I went to a local gas station to fill up For some reason they sell gas way cheaper than anyone else around where I live. I paid $2.79 a gallon for premium. Let's hear it for fraking...and take that OPEC!

Anyhow after filling up I pulled out my key to start up...and I dropped it down the crack between the seat and the console. There is no way I can get my hand down there. I needed something like a screw driver but had nothing like that with me. So there I sat trying to dig it out from the front and rear of the seat, while occasionally apologizing to the people I was blocking from the pump.

A guy from another pump came over and said "Let me help". He took hold of the seat control and lifted the seat as high as it would go, then all the way forward. There was the key in plain sight and all I had to do was pick it up.

Live and learn.

Tom
Moving the seat has always been what i've done first. Works every time.