XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

EBM for suspension wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 10:25 PM
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Exclamation EBM for suspension wiring

Hey all. I’m sure it’s been discussed at length, and in fact, I’ve seen several posts on how people are getting conversion kits and EBM units for spoofing and still getting a ton of fault lights. Here is how it is done on the x358 units for those who have the cheaper ones. All the instructions on the eBay kits are wrong, and in fact, the Arnott instructions are wrong as well!

first things first, what to do about CATS….. Once the swap is completed, and you have your seat out: Disconnect all 4 connectors from the suspension module. Then disconnect the battery! Take negative cable and connect it to positive cable either via alligator clip jumper or just touching them. Leave them connected for 10 minutes. While that is happening: wire up the EBM as follows: On the far left connector you removed: connect the green wire to the green wire. Connect blue wire to yellow wire. Connect black wire to black wire, and finally, the red wire to the Brown WITH THE WHITE STRIPE. There is a solid brown that Arnott says to connect to. DO NOT DO THAT. If you look carefully at the Arnott photos on the c2745 install instructions, they tap into the brown with white, but tell you to tap into brown. That makes a mess! Once it is all wired, plug in the module, then secure. After that, reconnect the battery. Start car up. BOOM! All lights out! Hope this helps the group!

I took a pic for reference:

The following users liked this post:
Petz (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 01:16 AM
Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Oh great good to know

Old 07-18-2023, 08:23 AM
Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

I don't recall if it was brown/white or brown, but I followed Arnott's instructions and never had an issue on my 2007 X350.

Also, some unsolicited (but valuable) advice: you'll want to get rid of those crimp connectors. They will eventually corrode and lose connection. It may take a while, ad they do better in the interior than under the hood, but those things are junk when longevity is the goal. Cut the wires, put some shrink tube over them, twist them together, solder, and cover with the shrink tubing. Don't use electrical tape, that's just as bad as the crimp connectors.

Old 07-18-2023, 11:35 AM
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wfooshee
I don't recall if it was brown/white or brown, but I followed Arnott's instructions and never had an issue on my 2007 X350.

Also, some unsolicited (but valuable) advice: you'll want to get rid of those crimp connectors. They will eventually corrode and lose connection. It may take a while, ad they do better in the interior than under the hood, but those things are junk when longevity is the goal. Cut the wires, put some shrink tube over them, twist them together, solder, and cover with the shrink tubing. Don't use electrical tape, that's just as bad as the crimp connectors.
The wiring issue applies to 08/09 I think. My 04 didn’t have any issues either. Maybe a color code change?

the layout was just for visible info. I’ve already completed a hardwire.

Old 07-18-2023, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,062 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by wfooshee
his stuff is junk but any good heat shrink butt connector is miles ahead of solder.

Last edited by xalty; 07-18-2023 at 09:02 PM.