factory DAB, DAB+, SDARS/Sirius, IBOC retrofit for all X350

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by doulou
hi Cambo.
can you give part number for gateway module please
See Mobeck Tekniske's post (#23 in this thread); it's in there.

Last edited by Partick the Cat; 03-09-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in July I thought that I had one of these X358 Gateway ECUs in the bag.
I had a deal with a breaker for a radio head unit (PIN missing) and the gateway and I was due to meet him the next day.
That night he texted me and doubled the price. Basically I got gazumped. It seems that the market for these gateway modules has become brutal.

So, would anyone be open to reverse engineering this box?

I probably have the skills to do this, but I don't have a gateway box to do it. I would be willing the have a go at cracking the protocols and posting them publicly.
This might also open the possibility of feeding in other sources as well (like DVB radio stations). The source would simply emulate the DAB signal as presented by that gateway ECU.

if anyone gets a gateway and could lend it to me for a while it would be good to do this for the benefit of the wider community.

Thoughts?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Was it a breaker from Leeds area by any chance? If you are still looking for one for sale I *may* be able to help if the price is right, PM me.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:50 AM

sending PM now
Yes I think it was Leeds

Old 11-23-2018, 01:35 AM
Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts

I see you have brackets to mount the modules, do you have part numbers for them? Thanks

Old 02-25-2019, 08:33 AM

Hi I decided to try to upgrade my 2003 Super V8 with the modification in this thread. I have enroute from an X-type the Radio with BAND button, the MOST/D2B interface 7W93-19C123-AB and the DAB module CPLA14F720BN. Are there anyone in this forum who can help with which antenna to use as swapping the back screen is not really an option?

Last edited by SwedishViking2; 02-25-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: removed need for wiring info as it is in the text
Old 02-01-2020, 12:51 PM

So I have 2 of the 2008 XJ Vanden Plas models. Neither one of them came with the CD Changer in the trunk and that's hard to find, and neither one came with Satellite radio which I want.

You seem to be some kind of jag electronic genius and so I thought I would ask you, how do I get satellite radio in both of my cars, my screen panel looks exactly like yours?

Thanks
Tina
atctinak@gmail.com

Old 04-07-2020, 10:09 AM

Hi Tina,
as luck would have it, I have a 2008 XJ Vanden Plas with Satellite radio (i.e. the SDARS module) that I don’t need any more - I moved the car to Germany, where I am now trying to fit a DAB+ module in.

Right now I’m trying to
1) jerry rig a “green 4-pin power connector”, since the SDARS module has a black 2-pin power connection, and
2) figure out how to get a DAB antenna connected... I think Band L would (maybe) be in the roof shark fin, but more importantly (in Europe) Band III should be in the rear window. But those wires/leads go into an AM/FM diversity module, so who knows whether this is the right way... or whether I should get a separate active DAB antenna. And then there is the issue of the DAB antenna connection itself (some Fakra plug...).

Anyway. I have an SDARS module and no need for it.

Originally Posted by tkeeling
So I have 2 of the 2008 XJ Vanden Plas models. Neither one of them came with the CD Changer in the trunk and that's hard to find, and neither one came with Satellite radio which I want.

You seem to be some kind of jag electronic genius and so I thought I would ask you, how do I get satellite radio in both of my cars, my screen panel looks exactly like yours?

Thanks
Tina
atctinak@gmail.com

Old 04-08-2020, 08:31 AM
Default Do you want to sell it

Phillipp, do you want to sell it? Will it work in my 2008 jaguar xj vanden Plas?

How much?

atctinak@gmail.com

Tina Keeling

Originally Posted by philipp.j.s.
Hi Tina,
as luck would have it, I have a 2008 XJ Vanden Plas with Satellite radio (i.e. the SDARS module) that I don’t need any more - I moved the car to Germany, where I am now trying to fit a DAB+ module in.

Right now I’m trying to
1) jerry rig a “green 4-pin power connector”, since the SDARS module has a black 2-pin power connection, and
2) figure out how to get a DAB antenna connected... I think Band L would (maybe) be in the roof shark fin, but more importantly (in Europe) Band III should be in the rear window. But those wires/leads go into an AM/FM diversity module, so who knows whether this is the right way... or whether I should get a separate active DAB antenna. And then there is the issue of the DAB antenna connection itself (some Fakra plug...).

Anyway. I have an SDARS module and no need for it.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:35 PM

I finally found a MOST/D2B gateway ECU.
It's from a breaker in Spain, but that's fine because I have relatives in Spain and so I got it sent to their address.
So so far I have:-
A year 2006 X350 Sovereign with premium audio and an ACM already fitted.
A head unit with the BAND button from an X-Type. I already verified that this works on the car, I can can remove the wider piano black plastic from an X350 one and fit it to the X-Type head unit.
The MOST/D2B gateway.

What's the latest advice on getting a DAB antenna to work on the X350?

What's the best DAB receiver for use in UK and mainland Europe (France & Spain)?

The following users liked this post:
SailorSam (08-07-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 03:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

As no one else has answered this...
In the UK today ideally you want to get the DAb+ units rather than the older DAB receivers.
I fitted an independent powered aerial to the left hand side of my front windscreen in my S-type- but had to use an extension cable to take into the boot. I can't remember what make the aerial was, but it had a wide range of working voltage., I think it might have been 6-12v? My S-type did not have a heated front window though.
I see that the Imwell DAB Aerial DAB/DAB on Amazon has a range of 5-12v if you look at the pictures? (Also note comments on aerial supply voltage elsewhere in this section)

What ever you buy- just make sure that all the end connections are correct!

Old 12-07-2021, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Cambo;1564203]

Hello @Cambo,
I read this treat with great interest. Because, I would like to retrofit my 2008 X-Type with DAB+ as well.

Can you do me (us) a big favour and show an exact plan of the wiring of the modules?

On the picture, it is unfortunately only possible to guess where which cables go.
It would also be great if you could write down all the part numbers you need - especially for the cables and modules, as these are unfortunately not so easy to see! :-)

Many thanks in advance from Germany!

Old 02-17-2022, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got now the very rare MOST/D2B-Gateway-Module and a DAB+ Module...
Next Step is to find out to get the Cables/Plugs for the GWM and DAB.
And I also need to know which pin goes to which cable on the vehicle - a 2008 X-Type Estate!
Does anyone has any Ideas?