XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Final resolution, keys & Remotes

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Final resolution, keys & Remotes

Re: "remote only works on boot", etcetera, here's the final skinny on my duplicate key/remote issues.
I had ordered a duplicate remote key fob with a blank key from an eBay dealer, KEYSCARSPLUS in Centereach NY, but discovered the Indy Jag dealer wouldn't cut an "outside" key, plus they said the remote was corroded so wouldn't register with the security system. I emailed Brendon at Keyscarsplus about the issue, and he sent me a replacement keyfob, no charge, no return required. When I went through the programming procedure, BOTH keyfobs from Brendon registered just fine, so now I have 2 that work great, and the original that has bad buttons, which explains why it only worked on the boot.

Final score, Keyscarsplus 2, Tom Wood Jaguar 0..maybe less than zero.

I have mailed payment to Brendon, a measly 13 bucks, for the second remote, and hereby apologize for doubting his merchandise.

Keyscarsplus@gmail.com "2 thumbs up"

Old 12-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Received 1,423 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteK812
and the original that has bad buttons, which explains why it only worked on the boot.

I have mailed payment to Brendon, a measly 13 bucks, for the second remote, and hereby apologize for doubting his merchandise.

If your interested in getting the faulty buttons on your FOB changed out PM me as I can get this done for you..

The following users liked this post:
PeteK812 (12-29-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 203 Posts
Default How did you program the remote?

Re: "remote only works on boot", etcetera, here's the final skinny on my duplicate key/remote issues.
I had ordered a duplicate remote key fob with a blank key from an eBay dealer, KEYSCARSPLUS in Centereach NY, but discovered the Indy Jag dealer wouldn't cut an "outside" key, plus they said the remote was corroded so wouldn't register with the security system. I emailed Brendon at Keyscarsplus about the issue, and he sent me a replacement keyfob, no charge, no return required. When I went through the programming procedure, BOTH keyfobs from Brendon registered just fine, so now I have 2 that work great, and the original that has bad buttons, which explains why it only worked on the boot.

How did you program the two remotes from Brandon?

Old 12-29-2016, 09:29 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default FAQ

Full details in FAQ posted by lcmjaguar. Just search this forum for "program remote". In my case, The key, as it were, was to pull the headlight lever quickly until the security module beeped at me. I was trying too hard to count the flashes, but actually, I just flashed until the security module is satisfied. Once I figured out the process, it was simple. I programmed and then cleared and then programmed again, just for practice.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Did you have two programmed remotes?

Full details in FAQ posted by lcmjaguar. Just search this forum for "program remote". In my case, The key, as it were, was to pull the headlight lever quickly until the security module beeped at me. I was trying too hard to count the flashes, but actually, I just flashed until the security module is satisfied. Once I figured out the process, it was simple. I programmed and then cleared and then programmed again, just for practice.
I only have one and my understanding is it requires two to self program another.