XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Flat wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts
Question Flat wiper blades?

I came across this set of wiper blades for the new XJs. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=010

Living in the northwest we have a lot of rain and good wipers are a necessity. On my Acura I got a set of Bosch ICONs and they are amazing. Anyone has any experience with the ones above?

The previous owner had fitted some aftermarket blades on my XJ and they did not work at all. I had to switch to the stock ones, so I'm a bit concerned how well would these fit.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I too have the Bosch Icons on both my S type R and my heavyduty and they work great, the ones on the HD are over 2 years old and still work like new.

The kit looks good Id just be concerned with how clean the install would be.

I found a buyer of them on the sellers feedback and sent them an email asking for his opinion. Hopefully they will write me back and I will let you know.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 171 Likes on 141 Posts

Hi all, just joined this forum, it is similar to one in the UK, thanks for the getting in touch "bmw", just to let you know that I found out about these blades on the UK forum in " jaguarforum.co.uk."
I have included a link below that should take you to the page and it shows a pic of the blades on his car.
I bought them from ebay and have not managed to fit them yet as my car is not due out of the repair shop until mid week.I had found the other blades were noisy, not a squeaky noise but a wind type noise, hoping these will improve on that.

http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20607&start=15

Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

From the pic they look like a copy of the ICONs. Hope it's a good fit.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper blade - watchout

I recently had to swap out my blades as the old ones were starting to peel from the frames. I did not do an insert swap (which was a mistake), and tried several brands. The issue that I had was that the width of the wiper arm hook seems to be wider than many blades could accept.

I had ICON's on my other car and loved them, but the arm "hook" was simply too wide to fit into the slot of the ICON blade. I ended up going through 5 different brands and models before I found one that even fit. It was a Trico Teflon blade. It was maybe 1/16" wider hole for the "hook" to fit in.

BTW, all of these blades i tried were listed in both the book and online versions of a major auto parts store as being made to fit my car ('04 XJ8).

These are my experiences, no warranty or guarentee is offered or implied.