XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

FM Bypass Modulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FM Bypass Modulator

So I recently purchased myself a 2004 x350 with touch screen nav and all that fun stuff. Unfortunately it does not have the phone module installed so I cannot listen to my music. So I am trying to find a solution that is fairly inexpensive and I came across this here.
https://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS31-.../dp/B002U5XPBE
It seems like a good option, but with that being said, I know that I will have to rip out the entire dashboard to get into the modules and wiring. With that being said has anyone tried this? And with that, are there any online diagrams with the wiring set up and how this is all put together?
Thanks

Old 11-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts

It's possible to listen to music through the phone module?

Old 11-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 595 Likes on 472 Posts

ok , i simple is good .and every thing in the add is correct apart from the part that says crisp, clean sound !
by crisp, clean sound they actually mean quiet slightly muffled sound !
yes it works and is very easy install , but does not sound anywhere near digital quality .
you have a few options ,
1, you can add a RCA cable to the cd changer there are links with instructions somwere on here.
2, the bluetooth only veffbox device witch links to your d2b fiberoptic network ,and is controlled by your touch screen and steering wheel controls .my favorite !
3.the FM modulator that you have already found . i would recommend getting one that has a usb charger integrated , so when you see the light and up grade to something better it will still serve a purpose .
4, if you have a tape deck there is a aux in tape as well
and
5, the oem ACM, aux connectivity module (pretty much un obtainable)

and no you can not stream music through the jaguar phone bluetooth module !!

Old 11-28-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Datsports
ok , i simple is good .and every thing in the add is correct apart from the part that says crisp, clean sound !
by crisp, clean sound they actually mean quiet slightly muffled sound !
yes it works and is very easy install , but does not sound anywhere near digital quality .
you have a few options ,
1, you can add a RCA cable to the cd changer there are links with instructions somwere on here.
2, the bluetooth only veffbox device witch links to your d2b fiberoptic network ,and is controlled by your touch screen and steering wheel controls .my favorite !
3.the FM modulator that you have already found . i would recommend getting one that has a usb charger integrated , so when you see the light and up grade to something better it will still serve a purpose .
4, if you have a tape deck there is a aux in tape as well
and
5, the oem ACM, aux connectivity module (pretty much un obtainable)

and no you can not stream music through the jaguar phone bluetooth module !!
That is good to know, thank you. I did not know they would sound so bad. I did look up the veffbox as you called it, and it did look pretty good. The install thread I found along with their website was very helpful and looked like a good option. I will definitely save up and purchase that then.
As for what you said, in 1 and 3. Although it would be cheaper, and having a USB charger would be nice, ripping out the center console and all would not be worth it for me.
Thank you though.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

+1 on the veffbox,had one shipped to the uk worth every penny and the nice thing if you have a problem he is just a email away really helpful guy

The following users liked this post:
Datsports (11-29-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by clifton94
+1 on the veffbox,had one shipped to the uk worth every penny and the nice thing if you have a problem he is just a email away really helpful guy
Thanks. Definitely will invest in it once I have the money.