XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Front Suspension Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by oldish git
I knew something was feeling off to one side on the test drive. But I did compensate and drove on the wrong side of the road so as not to feel to off balance.
That's funny!!!

Deep Blue with Cream Leather also took my fancy.
The Pacific Blue with ivory leather interior was my first choice when I was shopping for my Jag. I also really like the silver and, of course, the green variant that I ended up with.

Sorry to hear that your kid is still messy at 22. Mine are 7 and 9 and only go in the Jag on rare occasions. I swear, clean glass is like a magnet to little kid's sticky fingers!!! My little boy loves it though, so I'll do my best to encourage that.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 AM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

So I scanned through this and its great, thanks for posting it but I thought someone makes a complete nylon (better ?) replacement kit for both the front and back (separately). I want to do my whole front suspension and I see pricing all over the place online so I'm asking my cat brothers whats the best/better option out there ? I'm not going to do it myself and I would prefer buying the arms with the bushings in them to make it easier on my suspension guy. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I replaced the bushings and control arms on my XJ8 about 2 years ago. I spent considerable time researching the alternatives and ultimately decided on using the OEM Lemforder parts unless I couldn't get them. I found a supplier that knows everything there is to know about parts to fit my XJ8; Anthony at berkshirejagcomponents.co.uk. Spend a half hour on the phone with him and I think you'll know everything you want to about Jag parts. He also sells new and recon arms if you want that. He shipped the parts to me here in the US. It was more expensive, but his professional advice was worth twice what I paid for the parts. I had over 12 years and 147K on my car with the OEM bushings and they served me well. If budget is an issue, you can find cheaper aftermarket parts at FCP Euro and Rockauto.com; they also stocked some OEM parts when I was looking.

If you decide to replace the rear wishbone, be sure to check out the 2005 Lincoln LS part from a Ford dealer. It is exactly the same part at half the price. It came from a Ford dealer off ebay (FORD owned Jaguar at one time), but was stamped "Jaguar". I have the part number in my records somewhere if you want it.

The following users liked this post:
John Fox (02-14-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Just purchased some of the Lemforder parts from Rock Auto. I ordered the 2978301 and the 2978401. The numbers I got from the forum. Rock did not show these parts under the XJ8 but did list them by part number.

The following users liked this post:
John Fox (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I used a combination of Lemforder (for Lincoln LS) and OEM Lincoln LS arms. I bought them from Rockauto, FCP Euro, and a Lincoln/Ford dealership that sells online (sorry, I can't remember its name).

Old 09-21-2019, 03:41 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Suspension

The contributions are excellent and I agree that it is good practice to have the bearings all replaced at the same time. I did that with my XJR Portfolio using Polybushes to give extra life and a slightly firmer ride characteristics. On the XJR there is a slightly larger main bush at the front than on the other 350 models.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this image helps others as from what I researched this is the entire parts made and designed by Jaguar for the X350 2003 - 2009 (Other models also).

I have been reading 100's of posts for some time narrowing down the running gear of the XJ X350 and what to replace through wear and tear. I will concentrate on the front first. The rear is mainly the same.

There are name difference's from the terminology as is usual on the internet of said components from the original UK makers/Designers to the US who change English words and phrases so you can call them what you like. Anti-Roll Bar OR Stabilizer Bar. Both are correct.

I have left out most after-market parts so you can fill these bits in yourself from what information others before me have pieced together.

You change every bush, bearing and ball-joint at once, not a bush here or there. All over the internet I keep reading of people who change one bush here and another there. This is penny pinching, dangerous and gets my vote of stupidity.
These cars can travel at 150 MPH+ and some people think replacing one bush instead of the entire set is acceptable. These are the cars or drivers that cause crashes and injuries to others through ignorance and arrogance and make dangerous mechanics who I would NOT have near me in my life.

These cars are also NOT cheap run-around mini's, so you owe it to yourself NOT to be tight-fisted and stingy on replacing moving parts as a whole set.

hi,
I am wrinting from Brazil and I need help in to right positioning the stand jack in a xj6 tear 1974

Old 07-24-2020, 02:05 PM
wwr
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Roberto;

You are looking for the Classic Model Series I, II, and III forum.
Try searching from there or asking if someone may have the documentation.

Best Regards, William