XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Good news & bad news!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Good news & bad news!

The good news?
The upside is that my beautiful wife and kids all chipped in and bought me this great little DA machine polisher for Xmas. Its made by Poorboys so you know it's good and comes as a kit with pads, carry holdall, various polishes etc too.
Name:  20151225_172419_zpsu9nshbfm.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  122.3 KB

I'm really so looking forward to trying it out and getting to grips with my car's overall finish, that being said.....

The bad news?
I picked up Jamie n Connor earlier today as they were coming to my house ( so they could have a drink or two )
Immediately as I pulled up I could see them talking and pointing to my rear bumper.....oh oh I thought, kidology at play and trying to pull a fast one.

I should add we all laugh n joke, play pranks etc ALL the time, so you never know what's true and what isn't!
I didn't pay it much notice initially, but they were insistent, but, also with big smiles on their faces ( mostly because I wasn't taking the seriously )

I get out to check, and sure enough, the passenger side rear bumper has a long scrap on it, some obvious car park damage where someone has just squeezed in and clipped it!!!
Not happy to say the least....

To be fair there was already a very small patch of paintwork damage starting to peel, only very small and I could live with it until I dealt with it properly and totally.

I got some materials out and went to work and managed to minimise it quite a bit, but still really noticeable to me

As I was already considering a front end nose job along with the leading edges of the wings and sills, and would have had to deal with the rear bumper, I may now, may consider a full respray.

Merry bloody Xmas to me.....lol

Old 12-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Similar thing happened to me. I left my car in the airport parking lot as I do each week when traveling. Came back to a scuff on the bumper where someone had obviously bumped into it. Thankfully, I was able to buff it out!

Old 12-25-2015, 11:52 PM
Received 13,103 Likes on 6,529 Posts

That stinks, Jim!

A young woman did that to our BMW a few years ago, but she was honest enough to leave a note. Your offender obviously lacked basic ethics and Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas anyway!

Cheers,

Don

Old 12-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Thanks guys, absolutely RAY GIN but what can you do?
Gets to the point that I hate going anywhere and leaving the car, expecially supermarket car parks, but I'm not the only one, not the first and certainly won't be the last.

My hope Is that Karma is just around the corner for the numpty that hit me.

Best
Jim