XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Headliner in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Headliner in Dallas

The headliner in my XJR is beginning to sag. Anyone know of a good repair shop in the Dallas area?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mullisrd
The headliner in my XJR is beginning to sag. Anyone know of a good repair shop in the Dallas area?
nobody touches them , i took it to dealer charged me $440 for it

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaster
nobody touches them , i took it to dealer charged me $440 for it
I'm in San Antonio, so I can't help you in Dallas, however...

I just had the headliner replaced in my '04, at an auto interior shop here. Charged me $500 because of the sunroof. While I was talking to the shop owner, there was an X-Type, a Mercedes, and another "luxury" car there, so I thought the shop was probably legit. The only catch was that the shop owner wouldn't guarantee that they might damage one of the ultrasonic sensors in the headliner. I was reassured that it probably wouldn't happen, but...

Long story short, the headliner looks GREAT! Color matched to within a few shades, nice and plush, much better than the original material. However, the Airbag light goes on and off erratically when my wife sits in the passenger seat. She can be sitting there perfectly motionless and the light will come on. So, time to get that worked on...

Just thought you might want to know....

Old 11-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL I wasnt the one who needed the headliner i dont know why did u quote me xD

Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaster
LOL I wasnt the one who needed the headliner i dont know why did u quote me xD
Me neither.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a place in Dallas that did a excellent job for $275 on a jag with a sunroof. try www.headliner-magic.com

Old 12-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch.thompson

I just had the headliner replaced in my '04, at an auto interior shop here. Charged me $500 because of the sunroof. While I was talking to the shop owner, there was an X-Type, a Mercedes, and another "luxury" car there, so I thought the shop was probably legit. The only catch was that the shop owner wouldn't guarantee that they might damage one of the ultrasonic sensors in the headliner. I was reassured that it probably wouldn't happen, but...

Long story short, the headliner looks GREAT! Color matched to within a few shades, nice and plush, much better than the original material. However, the Airbag light goes on and off erratically when my wife sits in the passenger seat. She can be sitting there perfectly motionless and the light will come on. So, time to get that worked on...

Is that what those sensors in the headliner are for? The airbag? When my wife sits in the passenger seat, the airbag light does the same. I always thought it was just real sensitive. I had my headliner replaced about a year ago. I wonder if that is related?

Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mitch.thompson

Mitch, I have the same issue with the passenger air bag light. Did you get this fixed yet, if so, how?