XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

How do I disconnect the Plastic fuel line etc.?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 04:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 195 Likes on 152 Posts
Default How do I disconnect the Plastic fuel line etc.?

Hello Forum,

Please, how do I disconnect the plastic fuel line that goes to the injector ring and the plastic that goes to the Throttle Body (one of them has a round thing in the middle, I forget which one)?
I have figured out how to undo the clip on the one to the injector ring, but I cannot pull the pipe off? The connector on the Throttle Body has me beaten altogether - Do I squeeze it, pull it, ease it off with a screwdriver?
I need them out of the way to get at the bottom bolts of my Bank 2 Cam Cover? Also, please could someone confirm that oil present in the plug wells demands Cam Cover gasket and seal replacement?
I ask because I have started the job (which somewhere in the forum I read was supposed to be easy) and I would like to give up if I can - I have found that the lower bolts much harder to undo than the number 8 spark plug ever was!
I am assuming (often a mistake, I know) that I will find the spark plug boss seals inside the Cam Covers?
Please tell me that it will all be worth it in the end!!

Old 11-30-2017, 06:47 AM
NDW
Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

You may want to contact Soceraz on this issue. See the first page of the thread "Head Gasket Job". He had an issue with this line and broke it.

"After about 3 hours of work yesterday morning, the intake manifold was removed. It was pretty straight forward, basically unplug everything attached to it. The only special tool you need is to release the spring on the fuel line connection. Some of the electrical connectors are easy to uncouple, others not so much. First casualty is a sensor on the fuel rail, managed to permanently disconnect the tube so be careful with this one, see pic. The plastic hose bracket thingy is attached with torx bolts to the block. The second most awkawardly positioned one has a stripped head. Still working on getting it out, may need to drill and Easyout that ****."

The following users liked this post:
EsRay (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

You need a tool to disconnect the fuel line, I'll post a pic later. The throttle body hose was a head scratcher for me, but squeeze the fattest part of the ring together and then ease it off.