XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

How should the new valley hoses look down in there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 06:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How should the new valley hoses look down in there?

Well I have finished the disassembly, installed 2 new valley hose, and am ready to put the SC back in place. I would like to see a diagram, pic, or drawing of how they should lay before I do the SC install. I want to be sure they are in the optimum position since they are so hard to get to. Can’t seem to find anything. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Seems to be Jose than valley right now! BTW, I took a pic before installing new ones but I may not have enough faith in their previous placement. Thanks

Old 09-02-2022, 04:39 AM
Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Hi Chemosabe
Congratulations on getting this far. The routing of the hoses is shown in the following photos.
One is of an S-Type R, which is basically the same as an XJ for this purpose.
The hose that comes from the centre front of the valley sits on the left side of the valley (all directions are as if you are in the driver's seat facing forward) and at the rear, under the intake elbow, it crosses over and goes through the gap at the right rear, to connect to the throttle body. This is a water return hose. My original hose went quite far back to the end of the valley and then had a sharp 90-degree bend to cross over to the right. The replacement hose had a more gradual bend that started further to the front. It still fitted under the inlet elbow and arrived at the correct place.
The other hose that comes from the front, past the right side of the water pump, goes down the right side of the valley and connects to the EGR valve. This is the water supply hose. There is a small U-shaped pipe that connects the throttle body to the EGR valve.
All of the connections to the EGR valve and the throttle body are on the right hand side. Make sure the hose to the throttle body is in the right place before fitting the EGR valve, otherwise you won't be able to get it into the right place. I had to remove my EGR valve again to do this.
The hoses are all pre-shaped so should just naturally end up in the correct place.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Pete, thanks for the feedback, pics, and commentary. I will double-check mine when I get back from Dallas. Looks like an easy fit before the NHV insulator and the SC install. Anxious to get it back running!