XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

I got her!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Received 132 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BrentGardner
Congratulations on your purchase! Looks like a very nice XJR!

I have an 05 VDP with ebony exterior and think that color on Jags is great.
Merci! I've not been to Toronto since 99. Would love another trip up there. How does the Jag do in the winters up there?

Rags

Old 10-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Hi Ragman,

Congrats on the new XJR! It's a real beauty. When it starts getting cold here in VA you'll really like the heated steering wheel. I was playing around with the heated seat buttons the other day and I was pleasantly surprised that the steering wheel heated up in addition to the seats. The S-Type I had before I got the XJ didn't have the heated seats or steering wheel and I had to wear gloves until the car got warmed up.

The only real complaint I have with the XJ is that the rear seats don't fold down like the S-Type's did. When the eats were folded down I could really carry a lot of stuff.

The following users liked this post:
ragman1171 (10-12-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by carelm
Hi Ragman,

Congrats on the new XJR! It's a real beauty. When it starts getting cold here in VA you'll really like the heated steering wheel. I was playing around with the heated seat buttons the other day and I was pleasantly surprised that the steering wheel heated up in addition to the seats. The S-Type I had before I got the XJ didn't have the heated seats or steering wheel and I had to wear gloves until the car got warmed up.

The only real complaint I have with the XJ is that the rear seats don't fold down like the S-Type's did. When the eats were folded down I could really carry a lot of stuff.
Thanks!!! It have been chilly in the AM as of late here in VA Beach/Chesapeake. This is the 5th XJ I've had; in order - 04 XJ8, 03 XJ VDP, 04 XJ8, 04 XJR, & this 05 XJR.

I REALLY like the heated steering wheel. My digits get cold easy and that is wicked awesome! The trucks (boots) in them are VERY large. I've not had to lug anything in them as I use the Durango for most of that stuff. lol But, I'm sure I will sometime. I am a DJ on the side as well and usually use the Durango for all my gear, but I am going to test out the XJR space to see if I can fit it all in there just to see if I can.

Thanks again and I hope you are able to enjoy the power of the engines up there in the DC are traffic. Been there MANY times and can't say as I like it when I'm not on my Harley as it can get through the nastiness much easier. lol

Rags

Old 10-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by ragman1171
Thanks!!! It have been chilly in the AM as of late here in VA Beach/Chesapeake. This is the 5th XJ I've had; in order - 04 XJ8, 03 XJ VDP, 04 XJ8, 04 XJR, & this 05 XJR.

I REALLY like the heated steering wheel. My digits get cold easy and that is wicked awesome! The trucks (boots) in them are VERY large. I've not had to lug anything in them as I use the Durango for most of that stuff. lol But, I'm sure I will sometime. I am a DJ on the side as well and usually use the Durango for all my gear, but I am going to test out the XJR space to see if I can fit it all in there just to see if I can.

Thanks again and I hope you are able to enjoy the power of the engines up there in the DC are traffic. Been there MANY times and can't say as I like it when I'm not on my Harley as it can get through the nastiness much easier. lol

Rags
I don't think the Harley is much help since the HOV lanes are clogged up pretty much like the other lanes. My current job is in DC so I Metro in and it's fairly relaxing but not cheap ($12.70 per day). It is cheaper than trying to park though. DC is really car unfriendly.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by carelm
I don't think the Harley is much help since the HOV lanes are clogged up pretty much like the other lanes. My current job is in DC so I Metro in and it's fairly relaxing but not cheap ($12.70 per day). It is cheaper than trying to park though. DC is really car unfriendly.
I am familiar with that as well. Not nearly as much as you, but there may have been times when I considered the shoulder a motorcycle only lane. Not saying I did!!! lol

I was a driver in the NATO Summit in 99 for the MOD and CHOD of Moldova and had did A LOT of motorcades and then drove the dignitaries to other places in DC with a GOV vehicle with NATO places. Capitol and Metro PDs were instructed NOT to stop us for any reason in those. That was nice. I had to make some judgement calls to deviate from the traffic laws in it on occasion. Diplomatic Immunity and such. lol

Rags

Old 10-13-2014, 06:54 AM

Don B!!! You are the next contestant on "Name that Jag!" Come on down!!! After all of the suggestions on Facebook, family & friends, and here, I have chosen Anya that was suggested by Don. Thank you for all you ideas folks! After this first week, She told me that's what she liked.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (10-13-2014)
Old 05-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ragman, How about Liz ,or Vikki. Not much more British than those LOL

Old 05-17-2015, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by psales264
Ragman, How about Liz ,or Vikki. Not much more British than those LOL
Good options... thought "Eileen" wouold come up mote. lol