XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

I have searched, and continue to search for T605 (or similar) easy install.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have searched, and continue to search for T605 (or similar) easy install.

However, back in the day (early 2000's), if you wanted to add something like sirius/xm or some other add on device this is how it would go.

1. You would go to the (insert name of store here) and purchase said device (self contained...maybe with an additional attenae) and a adapter that fit your particular auto.

2. You would disconnect your current stereo, decide where to put said add on.

3. Plug said device into existing wiring harness, plug back in original factory unit and voila, Screw everything back down and you were set.

You could do this without having to tear the whole console, have of the lower dash, and many other things.

In fact I added to my 97 XJ a whole other stereo with this process. Every post I come upon, whether it's adding Sirius, or hd radio, or bluetooth tells me I am in for the install of my life.

While I will keep searching for answers once again I turn to the community to inquire. Currently I use a T505 w/fm modulator. It works fairly well with the exception that the darn attennae is in the back window. However it plays my music, pandora, and phone calls...etc...through the car stereo. Stops the music when a call comes in.

While I will be adding Jaguar voice...because it is just painful trying to type in destinations. (that's a whole other conversation).

Has anyone had any luck finding the professional install harness adapter for the Motorola T605 for the XJ?

Properly installed this solves all bluetooth/music streaming problems and it (or it's next iteration) will fit where the ash tray is so it will be hidden away. A direct wired connection is best for this instead of fm modulation. I have read some posts about a T605 being installed but it doesn't stop music (which is just odd because it uses the A2DP/AVRCP protocols.

So if you have one of these installed I would like to know if you installed it with an adapter type of setup or did you have to splice wires, etc..?

Thanks, Brian

Last edited by Brian M Williams; 06-20-2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Deletion
Old 06-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian M Williams
However, back in the day (early 2000's), if you wanted to add something like sirius/xm or some other add on device this is how it would go.

1. You would go to the (insert name of store here) and purchase said device (self contained...maybe with an additional attenae) and a adapter that fit your particular auto.

2. You would disconnect your current stereo, decide where to put said add on.

3. Plug said device into existing wiring harness, plug back in original factory unit and voila, Screw everything back down and you were set.

You could do this without having to tear the whole console, have of the lower dash, and many other things.

In fact I added to my 97 XJ a whole other stereo with this process. Every post I come upon, whether it's adding Sirius, or hd radio, or bluetooth tells me I am in for the install of my life.

While I will keep searching for answers once again I turn to the community to inquire. Currently I use a T505 w/fm modulator. It works fairly well with the exception that the darn attennae is in the back window. However it plays my music, pandora, and phone calls...etc...through the car stereo. Stops the music when a call comes in.

While I will be adding Jaguar voice...because it is just painful trying to type in destinations. (that's a whole other conversation).

Has anyone had any luck finding the professional install harness adapter for the Motorola T605 for the XJ?

Properly installed this solves all bluetooth/music streaming problems and it (or it's next iteration) will fit where the ash tray is so it will be hidden away. A direct wired connection is best for this instead of fm modulation. I have read some posts about a T605 being installed but it doesn't stop music (which is just odd because it uses the A2DP/AVRCP protocols.

So if you have one of these installed I would like to know if you installed it with an adapter type of setup or did you have to splice wires, etc..?

Thanks, Brian
Tied to delete this because I found my answer however I can't seem to get there....moderator please delete. Thanks