XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

iCarsoft i930 OBD-II scanner read suspension codes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 09:44 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan.B
I had problems with my i930 not working on my 2004 XJ8 too--see my posting from a couple years ago if you're interested in the details. Never got a response from tech support.
Yes ! One of the problems in Australia at the moment is that Chinese companies are setting up on E Bay and listing them self, or at least giving the impression that they are Australian. They put an Australian flag on the add and advertise as Australian stock. The product is in Australia in a warehouse and sent from there but they are operating out of China. This does not worry most but if you have a problem they want you return it to China. This actually happened to me with an Autel scanner. They were very tricky and difficult to deal with. I don't trust them anymore. They are not fair and honest business people. They treat us very badly and they know what they are doing. Karma says that they will save hundreds of dollars doing business like this but in the end, lose thousands of dollars.

Old 06-24-2021, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

Originally Posted by back in the seat
Yes ! One of the problems in Australia at the moment is that Chinese companies are setting up on E Bay and listing them self, or at least giving the impression that they are Australian. They put an Australian flag on the add and advertise as Australian stock. The product is in Australia in a warehouse and sent from there but they are operating out of China. This does not worry most but if you have a problem they want you return it to China. This actually happened to me with an Autel scanner. They were very tricky and difficult to deal with. I don't trust them anymore. They are not fair and honest business people. They treat us very badly and they know what they are doing. Karma says that they will save hundreds of dollars doing business like this but in the end, lose thousands of dollars.
It is not just the Chinese doing that.

Many American companies do the same thing. They advertise a product and make it look as if its in the US when in fact they order it from abroad after you order it which then means you wait quite a while before delivery.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Most of the companies doing that on eBay that I have seen are not USA based and are selling non-USA made products. Some may display a USA Flag ---- to imply we are supporting local vendors and/or manufacturers? when in fact the vendor is based overseas and the product is manufactured in China. In that case, the only USA company likely making money is eBay--the US Post Office may actually be losing money on the shipment because of super cheap overseas rates with China.

Old 06-25-2021, 01:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by back in the seat
Hi there Qvhk, Just saw your comments. I purchased a i930 about the same time for my 1996 XJ6 X300 and guess what? It would not work on my car either. I corresponded back and forwards with icarsoft for months, who were very helpful but in the end I returned it. I have to say I have become frustrated with these 0bD2 scanners as they are all so different and complicated to get to work. I purchased a cheap Launch icreader V+ and I get more use out of that than I do out of all my other more expensive scanners. However I believe that some of the more modern upmarket Launch models only work mostly on cars after 2007. It's all too much for me. All the companies talk big but very few deliver unless you pay a fortune and even more money for special updates. I have a XJ6 X300 and a 2001 X Type 3ltr so if you have found a reasonable scanner that works on Jaguars I would be delighted if you could share your information with me. Thank you.
I eventually bought two scanners, both of dealer level : a VCM kit, and an Autologic Blue Box.

The VCM kit would work best on older models like my XJR6, it works great on the X300 but probably owing to software version, it does not read X300's Airbag and ABS modules. I bought the VCM fit from a senior member in this forum. There was a not-too-recent discussion at the X300 about its availability in this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...5/#post2204784
I still have two XJR6s so am keeping the VCM kit, but would offer it for sale when I start to downsize my collection.

The Autoloigic device is a whole lot more modern and powerful, but again it depends on how update the software is. It can even adjust your air suspensions and duplicate your key fobs. Being dealer level tools, it is expensive to maintain but you are good if you are just using it on older models. There are many used devices in the market, prices vary a great deal. It would be wise to get just one that only works on older Jaguar like back to 1995, as most workshops would upgrade both the hardware and software so would offer their older Autologic kit for sale.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 203 Posts

I have a fleet of junk. But no mid 90’s Jag. My son bought a Innova 3100 for me to work on his junk.
It was 119.99 at NAPA.
More features than the iCarsoft i930 and old generic code reader I have. Reads car and identifies model, year, engine, transmission, and VIN.
Reads ABS and airbags. Has a OEM specific feature to read codes specific to manufacturers.
Only used on 2006 XJR, 2005 A8, 2013 ES 300H, 2005 Focus, 2007 Impala. No 1990’s cars. Have not tried on our new cars, may require software update for them.
But does more than I expected. Might be an option.
Will read datastreams too. And of course clear codes and reset.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default This works on x350 air suspension code reading

Originally Posted by philwarner
I am getting an air suspension fault about 50% of the time, but it seems to still function - a list of codes indicates there are many different things that can trigger that message.

I saw this "Jaguar iCarsoft i930 OBD-II Engine Vehicle Diagnostic Tool Code Scanner" on eBay for $140 and asked if it will read air suspension codes on my 06 Super V8. They said yes. Has anyone used this scanner and can verify that it does in fact read air suspension codes?

There is also another scanner on ebay listed as an i930 with a different looking case for $150 and I asked them the same question and their response so far is that Super V8 is not a Jaguar model.

This reads the air suspension including live data to which here is a pic show one of the pages of live data
this reads air suspension I too have a 2006 x350 4.2 lwb with recent suspension problems and codes that I'm working on