XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

IDS/SDD Vehicle Communication Interfaces (VCI) Incl. Pre-2005 Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2024, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wingrider
elfer posted
rotunda and teradyne are almost impossible to find.
any other alternative interface cable ?

Genuine Mongoose cable, bit they are also very hard to find
if i buy mangoose clone will it work on ids and which version or it needs to be part of sdd.

Originally Posted by Don B
Hi elfer,

I can't answer all of your questions, but I can tell you that the setup that works for me on vehicles of that vintage is IDS/SDD version 131.03 running in a Windows XP Virtual Machine on an old Lenovo Windows 7 laptop. For a VCI, I use a genuine Drew Technologies JLR Mongoose cable. When I first started with IDS/SDD, I used a Chinese Mongoose clone cable, and it actually worked, but operations were slower than with the genuine Drew Tech cable. Some of our members have had poor results from clone cables.

I have newer versions of SDD that run faster, but IDS/SDD version 131.03 reverts from SDD to IDS when connected to older vehicles. The newer versions of SDD that I have do not revert to IDS and may not work on older vehicles.

You don't mention what kinds of operations you want to perform, but since the X-Type is based on the Ford Mondeo, you may find that a good bidrectional scan tool that works well with Ford vehicles may have the capabilities you seek.

Cheers,

Don
its very very complicated i dont have windows or windows 7
i have laptop with windows 11,
i am not sure if in virtual machine it will work even... i want to make full dealership diagnostics scan on the car!
Full dealership with oem software not launch or some crappy scanners which cant read all modules etcs and live data. where i can find version 131.03 is it compatible with windows 11 or not at all? Also if i have 131 version which is very old i guess if someone with newer car arrive around 2016 i will not be able to read it... again another issue.... if i install this 131.03 on virtual machine will it work ??

Last edited by elfer; 08-04-2024 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2024, 10:27 AM
Received 13,134 Likes on 6,545 Posts

Originally Posted by elfer
if i buy mangoose clone will it work on ids and which version or it needs to be part of sdd. its very very complicated i dont have windows or windows 7
i have laptop with windows 11,
i am not sure if in virtual machine it will work even... i want to make full dealership diagnostics scan on the car!
Full dealership with oem software not launch or some crappy scanners which cant read all modules etcs and live data. where i can find version 131.03 is it compatible with windows 11 or not at all? Also if i have 131 version which is very old i guess if someone with newer car arrive around 2016 i will not be able to read it... again another issue.... if i install this 131.03 on virtual machine will it work ??
I purchased IDS/SDD v. 131.03 eight or ten years ago on ebay from a seller in the U.K. because his package included the library of update files that did not come with the versions available for free. I have no idea where you could find it today. This version of SDD has to run in Windows XP, which is why I run it in a Virtual Machine. It is reasonably stable, but slow. I think I recall that this version dates to about 2012.

The newer versions of SDD are faster, but may not work well or at all with older Jaguars. For the latest Jags, you may need JLR Pathfinder or an online subscription to TOPix Cloud.

I mostly use an Autel MaxiSys Elite for diagnostics and most bidirectional purposes, but the Autel won't do everything for every model, so I have to use SDD for operations like X350 air suspension calibrations and transmission Mechatronic firmware updates. The Autel does not like to communicate with Jags older than about 2004, so for quick diagnostics I'll use an old Launch CReader VIII or a smaller Autel or even an ELM327 and the Torque Pro app. Worst case, I'll resort to IDS/SDD, but only if absolutely necessary.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 08-04-2024 at 10:33 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don B:
AD2014 (08-10-2024), XJRay (Today)
Old 08-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello i think i have found the problem now startedr manually tabman.exe

from ssd i cant open ids but i manually opened ids,
but i have new issue, please help how to resolve it i typed car vin, started tabman.exe

https://postimg.cc/HVjNzkDC now asks me for some password please advice.

VCX se doip , to read jaguar x type year 2002 is it even possible ?

So i guess communication switching between new ssd and old ids is kinda broken, but now starts i need password how to get password?