XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Intermittent amplifier problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 04:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent amplifier problem

Hi All. I am the new one to the forum so just getting to know my way around. I love my Jaguar Sovereign 2006. It behaving wonderfully and a pleasure to drive, but the stereo/Bluetooth cuts out over bumps usually. I just wondered if there were any words of advice about where to start looking. Loose contact between amplifier in the boot? Usually it will come back on either by another bump in the road, but oddly for sure if I stop and turn the ignition switch off completely and then back on again (hence my slight skepticism if its a loose connection).
I did try to post this before but can't find it so maybe somewhere else this appears and my apologies if my lack of forum knowledge has meant I have already lost my own post!
Regards
Rauly

Old 05-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Rauly,

Check all your Fibre Optic connections from the muilt disc changer to naigation, Bluetoothe and amp.

My car was doing the this as well. When I took it apart while installing the Bluetoothe, the issue went away.

Good Luck.

Woodford Jag.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Woodford Jag,
Thanks for the quick response. The multi disc changer had been bypassed and a apple music connection installed in the glove box, so when you select multi CD its actually the iplayer it connects to. The multi CD is still in the back (next to the amp I think).
If I follow I need to open up the cover over the amp in the back and check the connections are secure?
Regards

Rauly

Old 05-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes,

There are Fibre Optics running from the amp, to the navigationa and bluetoothe. I assume someone has bypassed the Multi CD player. I would make sure all the connnections are secure.

Woodford Jag