XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Ipod and update GPS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod and update GPS

Hi

Just bought a XJ8 from 2006, really happy with it however I'm very disappointed I can't find an Aux input for my Ipod. I heard about an audio connectivity module but neither Jaguar nor dension could supply it ????

Anyway, if anyone has a good solution that would allow to use the touchscreen to run the Ipod : much appreciated!

Also : I checked the GPS DVD price update - are they for real??? Found a few link here and there but don't wanna brick the whole thing. So far I'm using my tom tom but that's really silly.

PM if anyone is kind enough to tell me which denso number is the correct one I should use :-)

M

Old 01-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I just purchased an ACM from jaguarparts.dealerfit.com (not sure if I am allowed to post this but it is the only place after weeks of searching that I could get one from!)

Cost me $385. It is the latest kit C2C40513. It is listed as an X-type/S-type ipod interface, but its the same kit for the XJ. You can no longer get them from jaguar AT ALL. You can get the older kits online also, some of which just require a firmware upgrade, but I would recommend this one since it has a new design of fibre optic cables (or proably just better tolerances), There have been issues in the past causing the nav to lock up, hence the reason jag has withdrawn them. My dealer says they have succesfully installed many of them , and with the new firmware upgrades and hardware they have had no problems.

They quoted me $450 for the install (but can not extend the warranty of the vehicle to the unit), but I will probably do it myself, more because then I can integrate it with a sirius status 6 receiver and put the aux inputs where I want them. Hopefully I will not need to have the CD changer function activated which could cost me $140 at the dealer.

Good luck getting ipod use through the touchscreen. The Jag ACM also locks up your ipod screen so that you cannot use the screen to select music....dumb huh!...you just can blindly go through the music list!

However if you are brave apparently you can upgrade the firmware of the Jag ACM to the latest Gateway 500 D2B firmware and this gives better functionality.

Best link I have found for information is
http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/acm-bluetooth/acm.html

I will hopefully get around to my install in the next couple of weeks, and after weeks of searching for solutions, this unfortuantely is the best of the bunch.

Cheers

Last edited by seamagineer; 01-12-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added dension gateway model #
Old 01-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks - really clear explanations and I ordered the ACM. I will probably try the firmware update as well!

As for map update, I found plenty of versions "around" but they have denso part numbers such as : 464110-7430

How can I make sure which one is the right one???

Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When using the ACM. Discs 1-4 are the first 4 folders on the IPOD. The disc 5 is shuffle, and then disc 6 is supposed to allow you to select from the ipod menus themselves. (using IPOD screen, not the touchscreen in the car)

Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Installed my ACM and SIrius stratus 6 receiver 10 days ago. Everything working fine except have not tried ipod cable yet. Briefly played from USB but folder set up seems important which did not do, just dumped a bunch of music in several folders on a USB stick. Play the satellite radio through the AUX input which works well. I took a bunch of photos which I will post when have time, swamped at the moment. Whole install prob took about 4 hrs including the satellite receiver. ACM alone would prob take you between 2-3 hrs.

I did notice that the newest ACM kit does not come with the extension kit for the ipod cable that allows you to put the ipod cable under the arm rest in the XJ. Personally I did not want mine there, since if I get an ipod/iphone i'll mount it in a accessible/visible location nr the glovebox, hence for now I have just bundled up the cable inside the glovebox cover. You could easily put the cable in the glovebox along with the aux connectors, the grommet has a spare hole which should allow you to do this.

I did not have to go to the dealer to activate the CDC (CD changer) functionality, pressing the CDC button worked straight away with the ACM

Last edited by seamagineer; 01-27-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added info on no need for dealer activation of CDC