XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Jaguar ACM Audio Connectivity module ipod interface installation photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many posts do I need before I can view this thing?

Old 05-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Abacab
How many posts do I need before I can view this thing?
Yuo already passed 10 post mark and you need a few days otherwise our admin will have to lift it manually for you

Old 08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for this thread and a few follow-up questions

Hi guys, this great thread and the work by Jim Rothe have finally encouraged me to take the plunge. I have a 2006 SuperV8 Portfolio that is probably the only car I've owned in the past 10 years that doesn't have iPod integration. I have played the plug-i-into-the backseat-multimedia unit game--but like most of those on this thread, it just didn't satisfy. So I'm now waiting on a unit from Jaguarparts.com. Couple of questions: (1) How can I find out if the unit they are shipping me has the updated cabling and firmware? Is there an extension to the part number or date of manufacture I can check? (2) Is there anything special about the extension cable if I want to bring the connection to the armrest?
(3) For those who have installed the ACM,did any of your cars have the "port installed" Sirius satellite receiver that replaces the ashtray with a molded black module? This unit functions ok in satellite mode, but even with the unit shut off there have been constant problems with my AM reception. The dealer replaced various parts along the way under warranty (I think maybe the whole head unit at one point), but loud static continues and reception is awful on all but one or two stations. I am convinced it's some kind of antenna problem but dealer has not been able to sort it out. Anyhow the gist of my question is: any reason the ACM would NOT work in a car has both the CD Changer and the satellite unit (which connects through FM receiver).

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,375 Likes on 1,488 Posts

You will probably want to use the latest firmware directly from the manufacturer's site. It is quite easy to do with a usb drive.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know what the part number is for the entire kit for the XJ? I accidentally ended up with a ACM kit for the XK.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks seamagineer. Great doc. I want to do the same, but the URL jaguarparts.dealerfit.com is not good. There is a jagparts.dealerfit.com but they don't have the ACM. Jaguarparts.com has the ACM and I just wanted to be sure that was the same place you bought yours from. Thanks again!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Nalley

For those looking, Nalley has the ACM in stock. I spoke with Dan, mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

thanks-
mag

Old 09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Dear all, sorry for not replying to your posts sooner, but better late than never!

Sweitzner, from what I remember I think you could pick up the extension cable to the armrest for the kit from radioshack or similar, it did not seem to be a specialized cable.
The link to the revisions for the ACM can be find at
Dension - Jaguar
The kit I bought was the latest C2C 40513. To date I have had only one issue with it, having to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes for a reset, after trying to install a 4GB USB stick with admittedly a bizarre folder structure that muted the entire audio system sound
The ACM uses the same input as the CD changer, so should not be at all affected by the satellite radio. There is a switch on the ACM control module that allows you to select whether to use the cd changer or the ACM. The instructions say you may need to restart the car between changes, although many users have reported this is not so.

Abacab, see above or this link
Dension - Jaguar

NormB, I looked at jaguarparts.com and they have the C2C 40513. It does not matter where you get it from, but I would recommend the latest C2C 40513 kit.

I do recommend installing the latest, non-jag dension firmware as described earlier in this thread since the functionality is much improved over the latest "jag" firmware. However bear in mind this may void your warranty for the ACMM if anything happens to it...you could check with your supplier. For me though it was well worth taking that chance.

Enjoy

Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by seamagineer
To date I have had only one issue with it, having to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes for a reset, after trying to install a 4GB USB stick with admittedly a bizarre folder structure that muted the entire audio system sound
I run into this from time to time and just pull the fuse to the head unit, easier than disconnecting the battery and works every time.

The following users liked this post:
Xeno (02-03-2014)
Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts
Default ACM install 2005 XJ8L

ACM install went smoothly and is functioning as intended. Thanks to those who posted ACM info on the forums. Great resource!

Have created an album Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum - magmedia's Album: ACM Install to supplement info on the forums.

For the record, the head unit did not need to be programmed to recognize ACM despite no CDC in car (good news!)

thanks-
mag

Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

Ever since I had the ACM installed by the dealer a few years ago and as other have mentioned here, from time to time the system locks up or there are audio issues. Since the ACM shares the same input as the CD changer and I have never used it since, would it make any difference if the changer was eliminated completely, at least disconnected?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:46 AM

I have only had one lock up after inserting a USB stick and maybe rushing too quickly to use the audio (think I tried to change the input to radio) before it figures out the directory structure of the usb stick. I do not use an ipod and normally use it only for my satellite radio or usb stick, which I rarely change. I do NOT have the CD changer in my car so I am not sure if disconnecting it will actually help at all with it locking up. DO you know what usually causes it to lock up?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by seamagineer
DO you know what usually causes it to lock up?
I do not, I am guessing a bus conflict and I was hypothesizing having both the ACM and the changer causes the problem. IT happens to me frequently and I have noted that turning off the sound system before turning the car off so the radio does not come on automatically when the car is restarted, minimizes these failures.

I can tell you the electronics tech at the dealership stopped installing these a while ago due to customer complaints and as you have indicated you do not have a changer, then this is not the issue afterall.

Another issue I have from time to time is the PHONE NOT FITTED message.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM

Jahummer
Any idea what revision of ACM you have? Mine has been pretty solid except for the one time described above, so I am wondering if the changes they made to the fiber optic cables made an improvement in reliability. There is a kit just to upgrade teh cables. Again I usaully only flip between satellite radio (thru aux input) and usb stick, rarely changing the stick out, and do not know if the addition of an iphone or ipod would cause any other problems.
However...I guess there is a reason why Jaguar stopped supplying these for the XJ!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

I do not, but I think it must be close to three years old now (my time flies by too quickly).

Also, not 100% certain, but I think the problem occurs regardless of whether anything is connected to the ACM. The only thin that is consistent is I leave it switched on at all times since I never use the changer any more.

I used to use thumb drives for music but ever since you directed me to the newer firmware updates, I have been using my iPhone exclusively and streaming Pandora which is what I did before I got the ACM ( had a iPod touch and Verizon broadband Wifi in the car for streaming YouTube & Pandora through the rear multimedia and my laptops).

I am really torn at this point. AS much as I enjoy the functionality and ease of use, I am irritated by the errors and lock ups I get about once every few times I drive the car.

How do you go about getting an upgrade kit and is it covered under any TSB from Dension?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM

The info you need can be found here.
Dension - Jaguar

"For vehicles fitted with kits prior to C2P 13741 an Optical Cable Service Kit is available C2C38901."....I guess try the usual sources to see if it is available, alternatively buy a complete new kit which obviously is not ideal....on the plus side you are going to have to take out the head unit etc and access everything to change the optic cables, so maybe just replace the unit as well....could also be that causing the hangup. If you have time on your hands maybe just disconnect the ACM completely (incl all cables to the head unit) and see if you still get lock ups, but thats a pain.

I have had mine in almost a year and its has only locked up once, if the optical cables do have tolerance/issues then I can see it locking up the bus.

I have no idea how to figure out what original kit you have, unless you can find the original invoice!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hoe do I upgraded to v2.1 D2B software

Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seamagineer, Thanks for posting the pdf. When I try to open the pdf, it keeps on giving me an error saying ... you may not have permissions or your account may be disabled.

I am pretty sure my account i not disabled since I am able to login to the forum and read comments and post replies etc.

I know this is not your post's problem, but any idea, how do I solve this? I would love to see the pdf & ACM install pictures.

Thanks,
Lothar

Quick Reply: Jaguar ACM Audio Connectivity module ipod interface installation photos