XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Jaguar ACM Audio Connectivity module ipod interface installation photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

Since the ACM emulates the CD changer, my understanding is that if you have the CD changer you do not need a reflash. If you do not have the CD changer, you do need the reflash - which adds the changer, not the ACM. The ACM just fools the system into thinking it's the changer.

My XJR has the changer, and the ACM installation worked fine without any coding.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,193 Likes on 833 Posts

You Rock!
I posted the following yesterday:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...terface-74968/
It would be nice to use the nav screen as an video monitor for my iphone. I want to see the application 'trapster' on that screen. Any ideas?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Agreed...

I added the ACM to 05 XJ8L. Car did not have CD changer and did not require a 'flash' to recognize the ACM.

Thanks-
mag

Originally Posted by gmcgann
Since the ACM emulates the CD changer, my understanding is that if you have the CD changer you do not need a reflash. If you do not have the CD changer, you do need the reflash - which adds the changer, not the ACM. The ACM just fools the system into thinking it's the changer.

My XJR has the changer, and the ACM installation worked fine without any coding.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Seamagineer,
Great post on acm and pictures of xj. I noted from picture 15 on page 8 where you unscrewed the trim around the centre console that there is a gap between the trim and the control unit. Is there enough play to move the trim to the side to allow access to the screw?

Thanks

Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Can the firmware in the acm be updated and if so how?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Llanman, firmware file on a USB stick, inserted prior to turning your key should update the ACM.

The following users liked this post:
llanman (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Default Cable E

Originally Posted by seamagineer

Note item E, the extension cable for the ipod interface is not included in the later kits for the S and X-type
So does anyone know what type of cable this and whether it is available from anywhere else. I suppose if the type of connectors were known is not inonceivable to make an extension?

Cheers

Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Gmc which ACM did you use on your 2004 XJR?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I know it's been awhile since you did the install, but hopefully you can still answer a question. I purchased a Dension 500 ACM and the fibre optic cabling has a smaller width connector. So the cables don't plug in. Did you have 2 different size fibre optic connectors (the Alpine head has a wider connector and the ACM has a narrower connector)? Did your ACM kit include these different connectors? You don't mention any issues with this, so I'm guessing the answer is yes. Thanks. Looking forward to getting this installed with the bluetooth adapter so I can use my iPhone for music and phone.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Hey, Burr: Did you ever do the install? How'd it go?

I'm trying to fit a Dension 500 but found that the fibre optic cables have different size connectors. The Dension unit has relatively narrow connectors, but the head unit (and vehicle cabling) has a wider connector. If you did the install, do you remember what your connectors looked like?
I'm pretty sure that the ACM unit is made by Dension and that the 500 series is the same unit, but perhaps with a different connector for the fibre optics ($430 for the ACM, $68 for the bluetooth adapter).

Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 AM

I used this ACM from Park Place Jaguar. It came with a new D2B harness that fit perfectly. Jaguar | XJ Parts | AUDIO CONNECTIVITY MODULE

Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Default iPod and CD Changer

I purchased a used 2008 XJ that has the premium sound and CD changer, and prior owner had a iPod adptor installed. I can not tell the brand yet (have not taken the dashboard apart). But with this configuration, I cannot get the CD Changer to work. I can play from the iPod or single disc CD or FM, etc., and selecting the CDC button allows iPod play when connected. And playing the iPod is a lilttle funky (no menu control on either the iPod or from the car touch screen). One thing to notte that may be a clue is when the iPod is connected disks 1,2,5,6 show on the screen but 3,4 are greyed out.

Does anyone know had to get the CD Changer to play?

Reading the forums, I see some have upgraded firmware. Was this for the stereo or iPod interface. If it was for the stereo, how do I determine the stereo or car firmware installed in my XJ?

Old 06-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by RCJag
I purchased a used 2008 XJ that has the premium sound and CD changer, and prior owner had a iPod adptor installed. I can not tell the brand yet (have not taken the dashboard apart). But with this configuration, I cannot get the CD Changer to work. I can play from the iPod or single disc CD or FM, etc., and selecting the CDC button allows iPod play when connected. And playing the iPod is a lilttle funky (no menu control on either the iPod or from the car touch screen). One thing to notte that may be a clue is when the iPod is connected disks 1,2,5,6 show on the screen but 3,4 are greyed out.

Does anyone know had to get the CD Changer to play?

Reading the forums, I see some have upgraded firmware. Was this for the stereo or iPod interface. If it was for the stereo, how do I determine the stereo or car firmware installed in my XJ?
Find the USB and RCA (red wihte) connectors. The is a slider button to control iPod/cd changer functionality. Icons are shown as a solid circle or an empty circle.

I believe best practice is to flip between iPod/changer with radio (and possibly, car) off.

This would apply to OEM ACM (jaguar iPod connector) only. If it is aftermarket, your mileage may vary.

Thanks
-mag

Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 AM

If it's a Jaguar ACM, the car has to be shut off to change from aux to cd changer. The discs on the CDC screen represent playlists. If you have no playlists on your iPod only disc 6 will show. The playlists have a limit of 100 tracks, and since the ACM emulates the CDC, a limit of 6 playlists.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:42 AM

Thanks, I will check this out today. The only thing visible is the iPod adaptor, so will have to hunt for the switch. If there, I hope wires are long enough to relocate to a convenient location.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 AM

Found the swith and ports. All is working well. Many thanks!

Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by seamagineer
Dear all, sorry for not replying to your posts sooner, but better late than never!

Sweitzner, from what I remember I think you could pick up the extension cable to the armrest for the kit from radioshack or similar, it did not seem to be a specialized cable.
The link to the revisions for the ACM can be find at
Dension - Jaguar
The kit I bought was the latest C2C 40513.
Denison says the C2C 40513 is not compatible with the XJ, but only with S and X-type. Did you use it in an XJ?

I saw it at jaguarparts a couple of months ago for $350. Now it's $550.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

My ACM kit had stype and xtype instructions only,so your assumption is correct. Parts prices vary from dealer to dealer, and have been rising over the last couple years. I searched for weeks before finding a dealer in ohio that stocked them and sold it for 350$. Look around, you may get lucky.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Xeno
Denison says the C2C 40513 is not compatible with the XJ, but only with S and X-type. Did you use it in an XJ?

I saw it at jaguarparts a couple of months ago for $350. Now it's $550.
Well, today, it is $589.99 plus $88.98 shipping!!!!! What a rip-off. The kit is smaller than a shoe box and less than 2 lbs.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

I took a few minutes to search around, and this dealer is where I bought my unit about 6 months ago...worth a shot to give them a call and ask their price. Perhaps they didn't raise their prices as quickly as the others across the US?

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar ACM Audio Connectivity module ipod interface installation photos-byers-jaguar.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jaguar ACM Audio Connectivity module ipod interface installation photos