XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Jaguar Diagnosis reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jaguar Diagnosis reviews

So I found online a company that sells software for my jaguar. I have experience using dis with BMW and was wondering if this software here is similar and any good at going deep into the computer of the car. It is through this site, and the best one I found. Any reviews and personal experience?
http://britishdiagnostics.co.uk
Thanks

Old 12-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

Thats the company I purchased from. I have used the product on a dedicated windows 7 laptop and find it very useful.

My original Mongoose cable died after about a year and I purchased another from Drew Technology at a big discount.

I have not used this software to program/flash update any module as I think its a big risk. Others on this forum have had problems doing that with cloned Mongoose cables.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackra_1
Thats the company I purchased from. I have used the product on a dedicated windows 7 laptop and find it very useful.

My original Mongoose cable died after about a year and I purchased another from Drew Technology at a big discount.

I have not used this software to program/flash update any module as I think its a big risk. Others on this forum have had problems doing that with cloned Mongoose cables.
That's good to know and thank you. I was mainly looking to use it as a more advanced version of an obii scanner. I want to know information on every sensor and electric feeds through the car.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

Originally Posted by KJ4YXY
That's good to know and thank you. I was mainly looking to use it as a more advanced version of an obii scanner. I want to know information on every sensor and electric feeds through the car.
It looks at all standard ODBII and Jaguar specific information.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,226 Likes on 2,370 Posts
Old 12-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these a lesser cost alternative for accessing jag specs and other info etc?
and software such as torque pro.
Is there cheaper software with simple scanning for ABS, SRS, transmission and engine?

Old 12-09-2016, 12:58 AM
Received 240 Likes on 148 Posts

I have 2 scanners. One i purchased from advance auto parts for $130, works pretty well. Tells me any codes and what they mean, also does real time data such as coolant temp, IATs, fuel pressure, timing and many other things.

The second scanner is a bluetooth scanner that is compatible with torque app. This has not worked out for me. As soon as i plug it in, all sorts of codes, faults and alarms come up and would not clear. If i try to plug it in with the car off then turn the ignition on, the same faults come up and wont let the car turn on. I had to use my other scanner to clear all of the faults caused by this.

Just be careful using the bluetooth obd2 scanners. I was lucky enough to have the real scanner and was able to erase the errors that came up from the bluetooth one. Not sure if this just happened to be my own bad luck or if it's something that happens to our jags.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:25 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzyjags
The second scanner is a bluetooth scanner that is compatible with torque app. This has not worked out for me. As soon as i plug it in, all sorts of codes, faults and alarms come up and would not clear.
I have tried 2 different eBay cheapies with exactly the same experience and had to use a 'normal' scanner to clear all the codes.

So your experience is not unique.