XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Jaguar Key Remote

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jaguar Key Remote

I've had my car over a year now, and as a precaution wanted to replace the battery in my remote. I separated the key assembly into two parts, but cannot find anything to open, to access a battery compartment.

Does the remote have a rechargeable battery, that charges when inserted into the control column? Or is there in fact a replaceable battery, that I failed to locate how to access it?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default From XJ Owner's Manual

Key transmitter battery renewal

When the battery needs renewal there will be a significant decrease in the effective range of the key transmitter. To renew the battery:

Insert a small, flat-blade, screwdriver at an angle of about 45 degrees, into the slot on the back of the key transmitter as shown. Apply light pressure to the screwdriver and lever the screwdriver forward to separate the two halves of the key transmitter. Finally, pull the transmitter from the key body.

Insert the screwdriver into the slot between the transmitter covers adjacent to the key stowage area as shown. Apply light pressure to the screwdriver and lever the screwdriver downward to separate the covers.

Unscrew and remove the small screw and remove the printed circuit board, taking care not to touch the battery terminals. Remove the battery and dispose of it safely.

Fit a new battery cell, type CR2032 (available from your Jaguar Dealer), with the side marked with the positive symbol (+) downwards in the battery receptacle. Avoid touching the new battery as moisture/oil from the fingers can reduce the life of the battery and corrode the contacts.

Replace the printed circuit board making sure to engage the board under the securing tabs, and secure with the screw.

Refit the cover and click into place with thumb pressure.

Slide the transmitter back onto the key body until it clicks into place.