XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Jaguar Logo Light in Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Received 254 Likes on 83 Posts
Post Jaguar Logo Light in Trunk

With all of Evan Trinh's outstanding modifications to his XJ, I liked the trunk Jaguar Logo light idea. I took a different approach as to not to modify the car trunk liner by mounting a projector light in the middle of the trunk liner which would entail cutting a hole in the liner but rather I modified the existing light that is at the top of the trunk lid next to the pull tab emergency release cord. I took a Jaguar logo projector light, removed the electronics and transferred over to my other original light and drilled a round hole for the projector to shine through. Had to do this as the projector light is naturally at the wrong angle for trunk use but works great as a plug and play device for the doors for which they were originally designed. Looks completely original to the car still. Just plugged it into the socket. I have attached pictures, turned out rather nice; but you be the judge.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-left-projector-light-right-modified-trunk-light-1.jpg   Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-left-projector-light-right-modified-trunk-light-2.jpg   Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-modifed-trunk-light-installed-truck.jpg   Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-modified-trunk-light-lense-view.jpg   Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-night-glow-jaguar-trunk.jpg  

Last edited by lcmjaguar; 02-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by lcmjaguar:
Broken_Spanners (02-25-2016), Panthro (11-27-2016), sklimii (02-25-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Me like!

Old 02-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Awesome... Could post links for the trunk light as well as the doors? On the doors, do you simply pop out the old ditch lights and pop these guys in?

Thanks!

Jeff

Old 02-26-2016, 11:41 PM

Here is the puddle logo projector light in the door. Simply pop out the existing light, remove the wire harness by pulling it off, then simply plug this type of logo projector light by attaching the wires into the harness and pop back into place into the door. That is all there is to it. this style of puddle logo projector light can be found on Ebay.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-door-logo-light.jpg   Jaguar Logo Light in Truck-door-logo-light-puddle.jpg  
Old 02-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by lcmjaguar
Here is the puddle logo projector light in the door. Simply pop out the existing light, remove the wire harness by pulling it off, then simply plug this type of logo projector light by attaching the wires into the harness and pop back into place into the door. That is all there is to it. this style of puddle logo projector light can be found on Ebay.
Do these fit only the newer (2008 and up) models or is there a plug and play projector light for my 2006?

Old 02-27-2016, 11:37 PM

For sure 2008 and 2009, but for 2004 to 2007 you would have to compare to the EBay listed projector light or send a question to the seller on to confirm if it will fit.