Lambswool Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 798 Likes on 670 Posts

Wrong color.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:27 PM
Received 150 Likes on 95 Posts

Ugh... need LWB. I tried these out, and they are... okay, I guess. Certainly not lambs wool.

The picture is a generic car, not an X350. I will take some pics of the installed product.

They are "PU" leather, which is made from the innermost layer of cowhide, coated with plastic, and imprinted with grain. I dont know if its worth the effort, but it's closer to leather than 100% man-made stuff. I like that they cover the sides of the transmission tunnel, and even go dow the outsides of the seats to the back. Anywhere factory carpeting is, they cover.

I found a vendor in China, who reconfigured them for a perfect fit in X350/X358 - long wheelbase in my case. Ran me around $90 front and rear. The look better than you might think, in black, with black thread, except the logos, which are perfectly done. My car is black on black and they silence the car even further which I wouldn't have thought possible.

If anyone want a link to the seller, let me know. I told him I would take some pics for the forum, since he made and shipped 2 sets getting them right.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't wait for your pictures

Old 09-11-2019, 03:20 PM

Sorry that took a while. The one in the rear fit well but I had to lift the center console and tuck in under and it was still a bit big and squished a little at the back of the center tunnel. I Know for sure the pattern wasn't for cars with rear climate control (Super V8 models, and Vanden Plas with the option like mine. It is a little swquashed to fit there, but otherwise fits well. I have a few pics with a carpeted Loyd Mat OVER the Leather one and a few with the floor coverings alone - You can see where they ALMOST meet the front mat outer section that runs along the outer edge of the cabin [ Outside the fron seat, and under the B Pilar where the front seat belts retract into. I LIKE the way they cover any part of the car with carpeting, except that 5 or so inches in between the front and rear. They even cover the triangular area next to the back seat by the door. As anyone with black carpeting can tell you, EVERY bit of debris, leaves, hair, basically anything sticks in the carpeting and is a nightmare to vacuum and keep all the crap out of. These on the other hand vacuum up in minutes, and can be wiped down with a damp cloth. MUCH easier to keep clean. Drivers footwell shows what they look like when NOT vacuumed for a while.

They are a LITTLE bit gaudy - I am glad I got black thread on black instead of read or tan thread - THAT might have been a bridge to far. I told my wife, sure it looks a bit like an upscale London whorehouse. Jaguars can get away with that look. Don't try this on your Corvette or your Mini. Won't be able to pull it off, me thinks.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:27 PM

Here is a few more - including the front - These are the FIRST set that he sent me in front, before he modified them. I had him remove all the material on the kick panels (fuse box on passenger side, fuel cutoff access hole on left to the side of the dead pedal - also that FLAP on the drivers kick panel - all gone - I just

t install the redesigned ones yet. All this, front and rear for under $80 bucks. Protects the factory carpet and further insulates an already extremely quiet car. Great value.

Old 11-27-2019, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in 04 VDP mats

Robert...if you still have the 04 VDP mats I am interested.
Are they original OEM black shearling lambs wool? any photos?

Text me at 317-514-5757
Thanks,
Scott

Old 12-25-2019, 04:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blairware
Here is a few more - including the front - These are the FIRST set that he sent me in front, before he modified them. I had him remove all the material on the kick panels (fuse box on passenger side, fuel cutoff access hole on left to the side of the dead pedal - also that FLAP on the drivers kick panel - all gone - I just

t install the redesigned ones yet. All this, front and rear for under $80 bucks. Protects the factory carpet and further insulates an already extremely quiet car. Great value.
Hi Blairware, would you please provide the ebay user/link selling these mats? Thanks!

Old 12-28-2019, 10:52 PM
Received 273 Likes on 211 Posts

I just insisted the previous owner(s) looked after my soon-to-be car and original fabric car mats. (ha!)
Except for the keep-in-place tags not keeping-in-place, it's all pristine.

And I'm sorry Blairware, your car is spectacular especially the seat trays. Except it looks like you were expecting a rear passenger to wet themselves...and/or the front passenger as well as the driver...wish I could drive like that! Cheers

P.S."ASL to 150mph" LOL I was right!!! And envious at the same time. Except those mats remain just awful.

Last edited by ChrisMills; 12-28-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertccc
I have a new set of Jaguar OEM 2004 VDP lambswool mats from previous car , still in OEM bag , color black.
2004 VDP is short wheelbase (shorter rear mats)
$400 plus shipping
hey do u still have these mats??