XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Latest SDD PCM/TCM Bin Files XJR

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 04:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Latest SDD PCM/TCM Bin Files XJR

Hi all,

Having been looking into improving the transmission shifts on my friends 04my XJR 4.2s/c we have been looking at both PCM and TCM updates using SDD. I have SDD DVD V131.03 installed onto a clean copy of XP Pro and a genuine DA-ST-512 handheld which is the equivalent of a Davina. I also have a midtronics power supply. This works perfectly for reading fault codes and a few other things but falls over when trying to update either TCM or PCM. Battery symbol is always green.

So firstly can anyone who has succesully done a TCM update confirm the bin file that was to be downloaded was - Z63x5560x350ww.phx?

When trying to update the TCM i got code 10759 displayed.

Secondly can anyone who has succesully done a PCM update confirm the bin file that was to be downloaded was - yfc_n42Pm.bin

Also does anyone know where I can find IDS dvd 125.03?

Many Thanks for any advice

Old 09-05-2017, 05:30 PM

Quick Update.

Firstly trying to flash this early X350 definitely needs a VCM and not a J2534- ECM and TCM both flashed in under 5 minutes sounds far better than the nervous **** for an hour while a mongoose overheats itself. The genuine DA-Davina/DA-st512 tool i had wouldn't even get into programming mode correctly.

The above files mentioned are wrong and for a Naturally Aspirated 4.2l.

SDD somehow didn't qualify the engine type section of the setup to show as a Supercharged on this VIN... I don't know why but something to beware of for others. If you have a supercharged and want to update the ECM please check there is an "s" and not a "n" in the cal part number... It's fairly impotant otherwise you manage to flash an NA tune to a SC. Not ideal and gives you a wrong calibration flashed code.

So with some quick session file modifications I managed to get SDD to believe this car was what it really should be a supercharger, this works ok for one time usage. Notepad++ is a very useful tool. Long term I am going to delve deeper into SDD and see if i can modify the files so this car auto recognises as a supercharger rather than having to modify session files to trick the tool. It may help someone else hopefully.

So on a 2004my XJR it looks like the latest files are
ECM = n16_s42pm.bin
TCM = z65y5556x350row.phx

Thanks a lot to bob gauff and cambo for some PM advice.

Last edited by m1keh; 09-05-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Received 8,079 Likes on 4,873 Posts

SDD 125.02 and 125.03 updates loaded to the google drive. Be sure to disable the internet.

To run Legacy IDS for any vehicle run C:\Program Files\JLR\IDS\Runtime\tabman.exe (make a desktop shortcut)

bob

Old 04-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

I've literally run into the same issue as OP. the SDD is thinking my car is an NA and giving me the wrong calibration files..

How do I resolve this? The wrong tcm calibration file was already loaded

Old 04-07-2018, 03:15 PM

You will need to modify your session file so it thinks the car is an sc.

Basically you need to close sdd down once connected to the car. Then find the session xml file and open with Notepad ++. Then search for 4.2. Eventually you will fine a line saying something like 4.2NA change the NA for SC.

Then save this file. Then reopen sdd and when it asks click resume session. It should then recognise uour car as an sc.

let me know if the above makes sense or if you need a more detailed set of instructions.

Do you have a proper vcm? I also struggled using a da davina.