XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Look what I wrecked last night.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Look what I wrecked last night.

So as most of you guys know, I ve been looking for a car to buy for awhile now and I got a SL55 AMG recently, I sold it after owning it for 5 days and on 27th I got my self a boxster s, on 28th i put it on my insurance, and on 29th I wrecked it, here are the pictures, I hope mods won't be mad at me, I thought you guys would be interested seeing these pictures.
It was an head to head collision and I did the 8 figure before hitting the mercury

Attached Thumbnails Look what I wrecked last night.-img_1039.jpg   Look what I wrecked last night.-img_1040.jpg   Look what I wrecked last night.-img_1042.jpg  

Last edited by JagMaster; 05-30-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  19.3 KB

Jagmaster....looks like a fair old ding buddy

I know its small comfort right now, but it can always be repaired or replaced....you can't!

Glad you're ok and hope you get it all sorted soon.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,379 Likes on 1,489 Posts

OUCH!!! I hope everyone was okay!

Old 05-30-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64

Jagmaster....looks like a fair old ding buddy

I know its small comfort right now, but it can always be repaired or replaced....you can't!

Glad you're ok and hope you get it all sorted soon.
Thanks Jim! it was all my fault, I didn't know that boxster had no traction control, so do you believe that can be fixed? I hope they can fix it n make it drive like it used to

Old 05-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

Glad you are OK. I hope the victims were OK, too. The Boxster did pretty well against that big sedan!

That car is definitely a total loss. Even if they "fixed" it, it would never drive like it did.

What the hell were you doing? Risking the life of others so you can have some fun on public roads in what appears to be suburbia is a real d*ck move if you ask me. And then blame it on the traction control? Come on, now....

Old 05-30-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Glad you are OK. I hope the victims were OK, too. The Boxster did pretty well against that big sedan!

That car is definitely a total loss. Even if they "fixed" it, it would never drive like it did.

What the hell were you doing? Risking the life of others so you can have some fun on public roads in what appears to be suburbia is a real d*ck move if you ask me. And then blame it on the traction control? Come on, now....
Sure you can hate me, but I've driven over 160k miles on public roads, and I haven't even scratched my car before, all of these members know how careful I am about my self, my car, and others, that being said I would never risk my life or anyone else's to have fun. I purchased the car on 27th and it was my very first Porsche, so I didn't know how porsches behave under certain situations like I had last night, fortunately victims are alright, I got hurt a little but I'm glad I didn't hurt anyone, however I feel bad for my car, anyway everyone makes mistakes and I made one for the first time in my entire life, so now I learned my lesson, and it costed me my health, happiness, and money.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaster
Sure you can hate me, but I've driven over 160k miles on public roads, and I haven't even scratched my car before, all of these members know how careful I am about my self, my car, and others, that being said I would never risk my life or anyone else's to have fun. I purchased the car on 27th and it was my very first Porsche, so I didn't know how porsches behave under certain situations like I had last night, fortunately victims are alright, I got hurt a little but I'm glad I didn't hurt anyone, however I feel bad for my car, anyway everyone makes mistakes and I made one for the first time in my entire life, so now I learned my lesson, and it costed me my health, happiness, and money.
The following statements from you post are contradictory:

"... how careful I am about my self, my car, and others, ..."

"... I would never risk my life or anyone else's to have fun."

You were at speed on a public road with a unknown vehicle.

People who have driven over 160k miles in a single year, for multiple years, know that it is impossible to get a true feel for how a vehicle will react at the limit after a couple of days of casual driving.

On top of that, driving like a public road is a closed track, with or without that experience is a really, really bad idea.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by plumsauce
The following statements from you post are contradictory:

"... how careful I am about my self, my car, and others, ..."

"... I would never risk my life or anyone else's to have fun."

You were at speed on a public road with a unknown vehicle.

People who have driven over 160k miles in a single year, for multiple years, know that it is impossible to get a true feel for how a vehicle will react at the limit after a couple of days of casual driving.

On top of that, driving like a public road is a closed track, with or without that experience is a really, really bad idea.
First of all I'm 21. Second I ve driven 160k miles in past 5 years. I got the Porsche on 27th and I didn't have time to get used to it, I hit a rental car,so I didn't wreck someone's car, sure I did risk their lives but everybody's alive now,I feel horrible about it already you don't have to make me feel worse. I suggest you give me a break.Thank you

Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaster
First of all I'm 21.
that explains it..not flaming and not blaming. It's an age thing..inexperience. Rear and mid engine cars (like your porsche and my lotus) definitely behave differently than traditional front engine cars.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2002XK8Orlando
that explains it..not flaming and not blaming. It's an age thing..inexperience. Rear and mid engine cars (like your porsche and my lotus) definitely behave differently than traditional front engine cars.
Thanks for your understanding, I swear mid engine car feels way different than front engine ones, I felt like I was driving a big go kart

Old 05-30-2011, 06:36 PM
DB6
ud
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, we all make mistakes and do stupid things, as long as you learn something from it or so the saying goes.
I tell you one thing I have learnt ( from the hard way like you),
If you have a performance car and intend to use that performance at certain times then first spend some time and a bit of money and push it to the limit at a track , then you will find out how the car is going to handle at the limit and get some good advice from better drivers and instructors.I always thought I was a good fast safe driver till I got on the track and saw just how poor I was.That Boxster S is reputed to be one of the worlds best handling cars too, but every car has their limit.
I think you may be in the market for a bicycle when you get your next insurance bill.

Last edited by DB6; 05-30-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  19.3 KB

ok guys, enoughs enough.....I'm sure Jagmaster feels badly enough without and further criticism. I'me even more sure that he's already thinking about the cost in every sense of the word, let alone the actual dollar cost at the end of it.

How do I know?
I've had more than my fair share of accidents over the years, although thankfully none in the last maybe 7 years or so.
I did however, attend my sons car crash earlier this evening....thankfully, he and his friends were unhurt, if a little shaken up by the whole thing.
After making sure he was alright, I tore several strips off him, even though he swore blind it was due to another driver's recklessness.
I told him he was at the wheel of his car, hence it's down to him and he'll have to pat the consequences.

By all means put your points across, but in a controlled and civilised manner please.

Thanks

The following users liked this post:
JagMaster (06-03-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

JagMaster, out of curiosity what were your injuries? I am always interested in real world injuries coming out of real car crashes!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member

ok guys, enoughs enough.....I'm sure Jagmaster feels badly enough without and further criticism. I'me even more sure that he's already thinking about the cost in every sense of the word, let alone the actual dollar cost at the end of it.

How do I know?
I've had more than my fair share of accidents over the years, although thankfully none in the last maybe 7 years or so.
I did however, attend my sons car crash earlier this evening....thankfully, he and his friends were unhurt, if a little shaken up by the whole thing.
After making sure he was alright, I tore several strips off him, even though he swore blind it was due to another driver's recklessness.
I told him he was at the wheel of his car, hence it's down to him and he'll have to pat the consequences.

By all means put your points across, but in a controlled and civilised manner please.

Thanks
I think the original post just rubbed a lot of us the wrong way. JagMaster didn't seem to be remorseful at all, and was expecting us to be amused or something?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 AM
DB6
ud
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Over reaction maybe Jim

How do I know?

Thanks
Glad family is safe.
Jim,
I do not think you need to censor this thread.
It is odd to even have it up in the first place but ppl are not being that bad to each other, it is a forum after all.
It was an accident that he decided to discuss; you can not expect every one to agree to one view point...can you?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Can't see it being repaired, both airbags deployed, replaced perhaps.

Regards posting it here on the forum, perhaps not the best idea, but hey.

You know what you did, you admit it was all your fault.

The guys will tend to jump on contradictions, and there seem to be one or two in the thread.

Just a word of advice for the future, next time, breath in and wait a few days before posting.

Maybe read the manual or check out the Internet about any replacement transport before driving.

Main thing is, the victims and yourself have escaped what could have been very serious injury or worse.

As has been mentioned, book yourself some track time with an instructor, you'll learn a lot and get the need for speed fix sorted in the right place.

All the best,

JagMaster (06-03-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Good to see you're OK , I am so sorry to hear about this accident . I wish you have a safe driving and be aware of hazards , accidents don't just happen

JagMaster (06-03-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 276 Posts

I am a pretty careful these days but I have driven too fast on public roads in my earlier years, even wrecking my new E- Type in one case, when I was about 19. So I can't really be judgemental. The wisdom of age has taught me one thing though, and that is not to publish my mistakes to the public.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member

Haha, I hope the insurance company has never heard of Jaguar forums!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 276 Posts

The pictures of the Porsche seemed to not fit here and that reminded me of why I always liked jaguars and not Porsches. When I was getting into Brit sports cars in the 60's, the Porshes looked like hopped up Beetles to me and I never developed a respect for them, especially since they had erratic, difficult handling. At that very same time, Jaguar was building the beautiful XK 150 and then XKE's, which made Porsches look like my Grandmas bathtub...not enticing. When I see a Porsche, I see a Beetle and I can't shake it, I would just never want one.

Quick Reply: Look what I wrecked last night.