XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Looking for dashboard cover/mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 11:45 PM
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Looking for dashboard cover/mats

Hey guys, it's me again, and well the headliner of my dad's 2004 Jaguar XJ8 is done, and well now we're planning on the interior bits, we have the phone mount/charger, we got a set of floor mats to protect the old one,... But he also needs a dashboard mats because he said it gets dusty so he wants that to be placed on to make it like, better... And well I've been looking on eBay but they do not provide an actual pic of the product, and I don't wanna risk having the wrong item for the car and then deal with all the stuff... Is there anyone selling that stuff?Mine has the LEG trim so gray/ black would be a good fit for the car Thanks in advance.
-Tom-

Old 04-01-2020, 03:01 PM
wwr
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

TommyBoah;

I recommend the Ltd. Edition version of DashMat. Dashmat offers several different materials but I've had excellent results with the Ltd. Edition woven material holding up up under the brutal Arizona and Texas summers (the car s parked outside). Color fastness has been great.

Best Regards, William

Old 04-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Received 187 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Dash Mats

Originally Posted by wwr
TommyBoah;

I recommend the Ltd. Edition version of DashMat. Dashmat offers several different materials but I've had excellent results with the Ltd. Edition woven material holding up up under the brutal Arizona and Texas summers (the car s parked outside). Color fastness has been great.

Best Regards, William
Those dash mats look very nice, but then I realised/realized I have a right hand drive car and none of them would fit. I wonder if they would do a special one with the blank in the mould/mold the wrong way up? I think that would make it fit a right hand drive car. I made my own from an old cover for a table, using a paper template. It was even a Mocha colour to match the dash top! It's not as fancy as the commercial ones, but it should keep the sun off. I keep it in the boot/trunk for when I'm parked in the hot sun. I found a local (NZ) source for the table cover material, so I may buy some material and refine the design.
Maybe when we get out of Covid-19 lock down in a few weeks!

Old 12-11-2020, 03:14 PM

Hey guys, so I know it's been a long time since I posted on here lol, but I wanna thank you guys so much as I got a dashboard cover for my dad's car a few months ago, and he's a happy man when he got it, haha.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pete M
Those dash mats look very nice, but then I realised/realized I have a right hand drive car and none of them would fit. I wonder if they would do a special one with the blank in the mould/mold the wrong way up? I think that would make it fit a right hand drive car. I made my own from an old cover for a table, using a paper template. It was even a Mocha colour to match the dash top! It's not as fancy as the commercial ones, but it should keep the sun off. I keep it in the boot/trunk for when I'm parked in the hot sun. I found a local (NZ) source for the table cover material, so I may buy some material and refine the design.
Maybe when we get out of Covid-19 lock down in a few weeks!
Well I hope you can turn it into a nice dashboard mats!

Old 12-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Received 187 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyBoah
Well I hope you can turn it into a nice dashboard mats!
I did some more work in trimming what I had made and realised that for the X350/8 at least, the dash top is symmetrical. I have photographed the mat from above and traced its outline on the computer and then made it symmetrical by comparing the outline with a flipped version. As we are in the middle of summer here in the Southern Hemisphere it will be useful tomorrow at my local Jaguar Drivers' Club Christmas party.