XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

maintaining voltages for SDD IDS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Question maintaining voltages for SDD IDS

Got my kit from BD today, works great.

Wish I didn't have to run a virtual machine but it seems to work well..

Should I be maintaining battery voltage while using it??

Is this sensitive enough, lol. Has a 2amp maintain setting.

Thanks

y'all!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Received 8,179 Likes on 4,934 Posts

10 years ago when I left the Jag dealer we were just told by Jag tech line to use a battery charger on low with the key-on-engine-off to keep the voltage up to prevent a low voltage from damaging the modules during 'flash-programming' with WDS/IDS.

A simple battery charger should keep the power up and avoid 'crashing' networks during diagnostics/configuration.

Jaguar has since dictated using more sophisticated means to keep the voltage in the needed range. Your method should work fine for your needs.

bob gauff

Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 PM

Hey thank you carman, I had read somewhere that more sophisticated means may be necessary and that is why I went and asked you guys before "playing" around with anything.

I tried to divulge into a few things today while I had the time, I got pretty lost pretty quickly. lol.

This is my first time experiencing anything of this sort, and I am a laymen to begin with so it confused me pretty quickly. I will have to track down some reading material on how to use the systems properly, I am sure there are a few videos out there as well. No offense to you guys but some of these sdd ids threads you can get lost in quickly.

Maybe you wouldn't mind cluing me in on a few questions?

I got the 1.30 version.

In these two screenshots, are the listed recommendations specifically needed for my vehicle? Or are these just standard options that you would see when running the software on anyone's vehicle.

Says there "Highly Recommended; Driveshaft balance." Does that imply something is in imbalance with my vehicle?

I am assuming that these are stored faults from the past, makes sense, why can I not see when these took place? Would certainly be nice to know if these are current issues as I don't have symptoms (That I can note)

(Under Unrelated)

Thank you kind sir.

Edit/PS: When I first ran the software it showed my battery icon in yellow, and it would fluctuate to red and back.

I ran to autozone to buy a new one.. Had it tested 12.38v 822cca (everything off), so I didn't buy a new battery as these levels seem ok to me. (?)

Last edited by Naso--Lituratus; 04-02-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:44 PM