XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Mina, resonator Delete, or both?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:57 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Mina, resonator Delete, or both?

Hi
ive been thinking about getting the Mina Exhaust system for my 04 xjr. I read a few threads of other members, some saying its great, others saying its not much difference in sounds and One even said it was Quieter than original.
Ive seen the youtube video of a Red xjr with Mina plus the rear seonator delete and That car sounds juussst right.
my question is, has anyone kept the Org Mufflers and just deleted the rear Resonator and what kind of result did you get? If it makes it more throaty or gives more of a low rumble i may be ahead to Just remove the resonator than to Spend over $800 on a set of mufflers from Mina.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the same question. In my case, I deleted both resonators and installed an X pipe in their place. I was wondering how the Mina exhaust would sound with an X pipe.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:21 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

BlacXJRcat what kind of effect did removing the resonators have on the sound of your car?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Catsgame
BlacXJRcat what kind of effect did removing the resonators have on the sound of your car?

The car sounds much better. The sound is more European with a an exotic touch. The reason I want the Minas is because I would like to be a little louder. When you step on it, the exhaust sound is diluted by the engine and supercharger. I am hoping the Mina exhaust will fix this.