XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

I did, and I will probably stay with V125 for the time being.
As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 260 Posts

It's important to download a flawless version of IDS-SDD also following a scrupulous procedure.
IDS-SDD with its numerous associated calibration files is a sensitive application and if only one file is corrupted or badly downloaded, it will not work correctly.

I purchased a Mongoose (non Pro) and, separately, v130.03 on 2 CDs that I downloaded on a dedicated laptop, fresh XP-SP2 install and only the required apps (Adobe, Java, etc.) in their required previous versions, no web access and setting the clock on a fixed date of August 2012.
It has worked flawlessly since then, no issue to read VIN and to run.

Other procedures and softwares may work, but apparently not everytime...

Old 09-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by trosty
I tried V130 in winxp mode on a win7 64bit machine and it installed ok and the mongoose jlr was recognised (i used the pro version) but when it came to auto reading the VIN , it always came back as unknown VIN. Then when I tried to input it manually it came back unknown and would progress no further. I even changed to the non pro mongoose driver versions and still the same!

That's when I went and tried V125 and it worked flawlessly.

Just 0.02p worth.
I haven't gotten as far as you did.

I uninstalled V142, downloaded V130 files, and installed V130 and its updates 1 and 2 over the last three days. There were no errors encountered during installation.

When I run the SDD program it opens IE and goes to:
http://localhost:8080/user//user/request_login.action

When I enter the user ID and password from the Offline Authentication pdf file, it either says Authentication failed because TOPix service temporarily unavailable or it just sits there with its little blue wheel turning over the word identify for hours at a time.

I tried turning off the Windows firewall but it made no difference.

Any suggestions? Anyone? This is still my Toshiba with Win7 Home Premium 64 bit OS and the SDD icon set to XP compatibility mode.

Attached Thumbnails Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-user-authentication-failed.jpg  
Old 09-25-2015, 03:14 PM

Did you completely remove every facet of the previous versions from your previous install. Did you clear the registry?

Did you go through every sub folder and delete every IDS, SDD, Mongoose JLR driver and their associated components prior to the new install? If you didn't, there is a good chance anything new is not going to work.

You need to turn off the firewall and any anti virus software.

Other than that, maybe a complete restore of your operating system and a clean install of the SDD V130. I've only done that procedure about 15 times now and it never gets any easier or quicker.

I freakin, hate SDD.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:05 PM

Did you completely remove every facet of the previous versions from your previous install. Did you clear the registry?

Did you go through every sub folder and delete every IDS, SDD, Mongoose JLR driver and their associated components prior to the new install? If you didn't, there is a good chance anything new is not going to work.

You need to turn off the firewall and any anti virus software.

Other than that, maybe a complete restore of your operating system and a clean install of the SDD V130. I've only done that procedure about 15 times now and it never gets any easier or quicker.

I freakin, hate SDD.
I uninstalled everything I found in the add/remove programs list for the day I installed 142; I did not remove the drivers that had been installed several days earlier. Not sure how to clear the registry. Uninstall did not delete the desktop icon; I deleted that manually, so there could have been some other bits left.

I agree that I've never had software that took so long to install and to uninstall; it must be freakin complicated or freakin inefficient.

I created a restore point just after v142 install. Should I go back to that and start over? I didn't think the authentication process would be the actual v130 program, but perhaps it is part of it. OK maybe I need to start over with the old Sony and v130 and see where that goes.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Received 226 Likes on 145 Posts

Try this. Shutdown laptop and restart. Change computer date to Aug 2012 then try SDD. If this works you will have to backdate the system before running SDD.

The following users liked this post:
philwarner (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by hafren
Try this. Shutdown laptop and restart. Change computer date to Aug 2012 then try SDD. If this works you will have to backdate the system before running SDD.
I reset the date to Aug 1, 2012 and tried SDD and it seems to be stuck on the little blue circle as before. There was also a tray icon that popped up for Flexnet software manager and when i clicked it it said the authentication certificate was out of date and did I trust it anyway. I said yes twice when the same window popped up again and then no. i don't know if this is part of the SDD or not. In any case IE is still sitting there with the little blue wheel over the word identify. Guess it is time to start over on the Sony Vaio installation or i might turn off my home network and see if I get something different if the net is not available.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:47 AM

I expect that when you install the SDD software it installs various backend operating system files that start when the computer starts.
These probably check internet and update status even if the SDD isn't running in the background and run as a service.

This is why it is essential you never let it have access to the internet at any time, I would turn off all internet access by disabling the wifi adaptor in the control panel.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:34 PM

+1 You can't have your computer connected to the internet as this will cause update messages and other issues. I agree with Trosty that you have remnants of v142 contaminating your system and preventing v130 working.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 PM

I expect that when you install the SDD software it installs various backend operating system files that start when the computer starts.
These probably check internet and update status even if the SDD isn't running in the background and run as a service.

This is why it is essential you never let it have access to the internet at any time, I would turn off all internet access by disabling the wifi adaptor in the control panel.
Originally Posted by hafren
+1 You can't have your computer connected to the internet as this will cause update messages and other issues. I agree with Trosty that you have remnants of v142 contaminating your system and preventing v130 working.
I tried running the SDD after disconnecting from the internet and checking for any JLR or SDD apps or processes running - there was one JLR app running which I ended in task Manager.

I got the same little stop app or open browser window and IE opening, and an "internet not detected" screen and continued to the user and password entry, entered the user and password from the readme file and got a user authentication failed screen; the computer date was 8/2/2012.

I did not download or run the Panasonic setup files mentioned in the readme when I downloaded the v130 files assuming they were for Panasonic Tuffbook users only. ("1. Download and extract the Panasonic Configuration Script on to the target desk top (NewPanasonicLaptop_SDDConfig_V13.zip)" Are these needed on a non-Panasonic machine?

Attached Thumbnails Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-net-not-detected-date-shown.jpg   Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-user-authentication-entry-screen-disconnected.jpg   Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-user-authentication-failed-while-not-connected.jpg  
Old 09-29-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by philwarner

I did not download or run the Panasonic setup files mentioned in the readme when I downloaded the v130 files assuming they were for Panasonic Tuffbook users only. ("1. Download and extract the Panasonic Configuration Script on to the target desk top (NewPanasonicLaptop_SDDConfig_V13.zip)" Are these needed on a non-Panasonic machine?
No these are not needed on your machine.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:31 PM

Well. I went back and tried my V125 and it doesn't work any more. The mongoose wont read the car data set.
Back to square one with this again. Now of course I don't know if its the system or the mongoose or what.

I wish I had never travelled down this road to hell.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I am new to the SDD software, so I have never used or installed it but it seems I have a similar problem as philwarner had.

I can go to the login screen,
I get a message: Identification has been verified
and then: User Authentication Failed.

Complete story:
I bought a refurbished Dell laptop with Windows 7 pro 64 bit, I5 processor, SSD as harddrive and a original Mongoose Pro. The people where I bought the Computer and Mongoose from installed the Mongoose software (maybe here lies the problem?).

I installed Norton Anti virus without a problem. Then I downloaded all the files from Index of /265935/idscentral

JLR PanasonicScript-Setup
SDD_145.00_FULL
SDD_145.01.001
SDD_145.01.002
SPA_145
VDF_JA_145
VDF_JV_145
VDF_LA_145
VDF_LV_145

And did the installation according to the manual. Because I was having problems having the Panasonic Script to run (Windows error, needed to install: C++2005 Service Pack 1 MFC Security update.exe ) I used the Windows software remover and deleted the Mongoose (maybe not complete?) . After I installed C++ there were no problems installing the SDD. But when I try to login it will give me the message: User Authentication Failed .

I tried to set Norton on non active with no succes.
Any thoughts? Idea's?

At this point I think it would be easier to install a cracked version instead of original.

Or do I need to run the DrewTech Mongoose software?

Attached Thumbnails Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-login.jpg   Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-loginok.jpg   Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?-foutmeldingtopix.jpg  

Last edited by Gijzzy; 05-17-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 260 Posts

IMHO you have gone through too many tweakings in your softwares' installations.
From my experience (said above already), it is very important to start from clean. After many unsuccessful attempts, for me it worked only after a fresh re-install of the OS on the laptop (Win XP Pro-SP2) and loading of the many IDS-SDD and calibration files from two CDs.
I used a clone Mongoose (non Pro) and v131.03
Since then works like a charm.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Unhappy

The SDD version you are using requires you to log in to topix. The last version that did not require a log in to topix for use of all the SDD functions was V130 (or V134 I cant remember now!).

So if you don't pay your monthly dues to topix and have a legit username and password, its all for nothing. It will read you dtc's (all of them) but I am quite sure you won't have access to many (read if any) functions to change stuff because it is all centralised on Topix now and downloaded as required via the internet.

Also using Win 7 64bit isnt going to help, ideally you need a 32bit Win Xp SP2 laptop. With Win 7, You have to use VMware which also has its own irritating settings.

It cannot for any reason, under any circumstances, be allowed to connect to the internet once the SDD has been installed. All the pre requisite software and settings should be done prior to installing the SDD.

I could go on and on about what not to do, because I spent more than an abnormal amount of time trying to get a version (and I have many versions) of mine to work.

It really is a lot of trial and error and luck, there are many threads on this board that should be read too prior to installation to give you an idea about what the process and pit falls are.

I can give you a link to access V125 or 130 if you like, just pm me.

Last edited by trosty; 05-18-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:47 AM

I finally took off the hair shirt and put down the willow switches and bought an icarsoft i930 to read/erase my air suspension and other codes, although I did pick up a set of Dell version XP Pro install CDs at a thrift shop the other day and might try again from scratch if the wounds ever heal and my memory dims enough to override the extreme frustration of my Mongoose/SDD experience. For the time being, though, the Cobra has won.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 751 Likes on 631 Posts

I spent a lot of time trying to get the Mongoose to work and then it gave up the ghost.

Bought another from B Diagnostics (basically the same one) and that failed too

but they refunded my money.

I sent the old one one back but they did not bother collecting it and it came back to me!

Now I have another from China and am putting off the installation!

At least they are cheap to buy!

If only I could get them to work!

Old 12-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can give you a link to access V125 or 130 if you like, just pm me.
I apologise for the thread hijack

I'm desperately after a JLR IDS version from 125 to 130

Could you give a link to download one of those?

Many thanks,
Fabio

Old 12-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

Jaguar / Land Rover JLR SDD V130 Any Jaguar 2005-2015 - Any Land Rover 2005-2014

Look up the above on Ebay. I dont think it is a download tho.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,530 Likes on 3,940 Posts

Multiple posts won't get you loved.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...5-v130-194139/

Bob's answer is definitive.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (12-22-2017)

Quick Reply: Mongoose JLR SDD software installation?