XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

MP3 changer for XJR

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 changer for XJR

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and to the Jaguar in general. I am trying to figure out if there's a CD changer that can also play MP3s that's available ( Alpine or otherwise ) that would be a direct fit for an '08 XJR....and if not, are there adapters?

Thanks!!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 61 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: MP3 changer for XJR

As far as I know there is no aftermarket cd changer available with the fiberoptic D2B connection required for the Jag. You can always install the Jaguar audio connectivity module and use an Ipod or other small mp3 player.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real Tech, I am curious, what is the approx. installed cost of the audio connectivity module? It was a disappointment when I looked at an 08 XJ8L and found no i-pod port with the 140 watt standard audio system. How many model years back can the module be installed? (05,06,07?)

Old 02-15-2009, 07:22 AM

I just had mine installed - $290.00. The ACM itself was $275.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by rusbel
I just had mine installed - $290.00. The ACM itself was $275.
Does the i-pod then connect and sit in the glovebox? Armrest? How convenient is the units placement? Can you operate the i-pod thru the dash and steering wheel controls?
Jeff

Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 PM

yes, the ACM goes into the center arm rest area...it has a cable to connect your i-pod, USB port and rca jacks..yes you can control the i-pod thru the steering controls and main controls on your audio system...once you plug in the i-pod, it shows you a menu on the nav screen ( if you have nav ) and you can either use the touch screen controls or the steering wheel controls...

Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Thanks rusbel.
I was at the local dealer today getting closer to a deal on 2008 XJ8L. They were checking into the installed price for the ACM. It is sounding like a convenient way of having lots of tunes without the need for all those CDs. The car I am looking at does have NAV so i-pod operation will be a sinch. One more question for you dose the i-pod charge off the ACM?
Thanks for your help. Jeff

Old 02-17-2009, 12:30 AM

yes, except 3rd generation i-pods..those i don't think you can charge..at least that's what the ACM manual says. Also, i think the only way you can get all the features to work on you touch screen ( artist name, play litst, etc... ) is if you have the actual I-pod ( apple )...I hooked up my friends MP3 player and not all features were available.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 AM

The Jaguar ACM, regardless of whether or not you have the navigation touchscreen, will not display artist/song info on the Jag screen.

The ACM simply allows you to control the iPod through the Jag's CD Changer controls. That being said, all your steering wheel controls will work as well, but you only have access to specific playlists and you won't get any display feedback other than track number and "disc", which represents playlists.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Default i-pod/ACM. Dealer told me they have reported problems

I just took delivery of my 08 XJ8L 2/28/09, and was going to have the Audio Connectivity Module installed. My dealer checked into price ($290 USD)
then he advised, Jaguar was not going to warranty the product because of problems with the units operation. He only said the problems reported were only in X and S types and did not expand on exactly what the issues were with the ACM.
Does anyone know of problems in any of the Jag line-up? X,S,or XJ.
As I have an i-pod, did anybody have the ACM installed then after a software update or at any time have problems with the unit?
I sure do want to utilize my i-pod and not need to mess with all those CDs.
Jeff

Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 PM

It is similar (identical?) to the unit that Land Rover sells. If you want to play the 1st 4 playlists on your ipod, it works fine. We had one installed in our XJ. I use a Harmon Kardon Drive+Play in my Land Rovers, but they have auxilliary inputs. No such luck on the XJ.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by roverlr3
I just took delivery of my 08 XJ8L 2/28/09, and was going to have the Audio Connectivity Module installed. My dealer checked into price ($290 USD)
then he advised, Jaguar was not going to warranty the product because of problems with the units operation. He only said the problems reported were only in X and S types and did not expand on exactly what the issues were with the ACM.
Does anyone know of problems in any of the Jag line-up? X,S,or XJ.
As I have an i-pod, did anybody have the ACM installed then after a software update or at any time have problems with the unit?
I sure do want to utilize my i-pod and not need to mess with all those CDs.
Jeff
I am not sure why your dealer would tell you that jaguar won't warranty ACM...It's a jaguar accessory that is dealer installed. I am not sure what problems they are referring to...I've'had none with mine...I had to reset it once but that's about it.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 PM

rusbel, My dealer said the reason that the ACM was not covered by Jaguar is, they recognize there is a problem with the unit. Can one of the techs on the forum confirm or expand on what my local dealer told me? Again the dealership said there is a malfunction
in the X/S types,
I am going into the shop tomorrow and I will try and get better info from the service writers.
Jeff

Old 04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Default ACM ipod connectivity

Guys, I am thoroughly confused!! I too have an 08 XJ8 L and the ACM quoted to me by the dealer is $355 part and another $300 in labor. And he said that I can't power by iPhone thru it as well as not control it from the Nav screen. I can use the steering controls though.
Someone hopefully a tech. please clarify
________
Ford MTX transmission

Last edited by sanand911; 02-08-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:04 PM

I have the ACM in my XJ. Works fine, although this version will not charge the iPhone. It does work with it however ... and they have a new revision which does charge it.

The steering wheel and touchscreen both control it - you just don't get any real feedback on the screen. It thinks it is controlling a CD changer so you only get disc (playlist) and track (numbers only).

Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Guys, I want to revisit the ACM post again and get more feedback from others. I just got mine installed in my 08 XJ8L at the dealer. I can't seem to figure out what is going on when I select an "Album" or "Artist" it doesn't seem to work correctly. (song starts, then stops, and fails to resume play). Are any of you noticing this error with the ACM? I am connecting an "I-Pod" third generation 80 GB unit, so if any of you have that particular model any insight would be helpful. I have only been using it 2 days so it could be I'm the problem and not the ACM.
Have any of you figured out how to play an "album" or choose an "artist" from your music files on your I-Pod. If you have, please give me the best details you can as to how you achieved this. I have read the instruction book that came with the ACM a couple times but still am not having much luck. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 AM

i have a 2008 Xkr dose it have ipod hook up

Old 10-31-2010, 08:58 AM

Need to change oil soon, Mobil 1 or GTX

Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Has anyone actually had success with the audio connectivity module in a 2008/2009 XJ. My dealer said that due to software changes in the 2008/2009 XJs, the ACMs were not reliable enough and jaguar was recoemmending that they not be installed on 2008 XJs. I really would like to install one in my 2008 Super V8, but not if its going to lock the nav up!
Cheers

Old 11-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by seamagineer
Has anyone actually had success with the audio connectivity module in a 2008/2009 XJ. My dealer said that due to software changes in the 2008/2009 XJs, the ACMs were not reliable enough and jaguar was recoemmending that they not be installed on 2008 XJs. I really would like to install one in my 2008 Super V8, but not if its going to lock the nav up!
Cheers

It works fine. The interface is limited for iPod control.

Quick Reply: MP3 changer for XJR