XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

New to me 2004 xj8 VDP Keys,Fob,Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015 | 04:55 PM
|
Unhappy New to me 2004 xj8 VDP Keys,Fob,Lights

Good day,
I have acquired an addition to my little Cat collection and am having a few issues that I hope someone can assist with further information

I was given 2 keys when I purchased the car (2004 xj8 VDP) one blade key with a transmitter as well as the Valet key - The transmitter did not work so changed the battery still nothing I followed the great instructions on this forum and check it over twice to be sure it was all correct still no go.

Called the dealer cost is $250.00 for a key & $265.00 for a new transmitter $110.00 for programming plus applicable sales tax I am looking at $741.00 for a freaking key. I see some places on line selling keys etc I always am a bit cautious of these offers. Any advise here ? I have a great car starter/alarm guy perhaps he could help program new transmitters - Not sure how this system works

Second up went to replace the HID head lamp on the driver side as it is burned out and managed to loose the retaining clip for the lamp down inside the bumper somewhere (obviously this is not my day) Anyone know if one can get this clip elsewhere at a reasonable cost or am I headed to the Dealer - I am not a huge fan of taking the bumper apart to retrieve a little clip (that I can not see)

The car interior is Spotless. I am amazed each time I get in it still smells like new Leather The paint is Excellent for a used car with 124KM on the clock.
Not sure when I am going to watch the dvd player in the headrests but it is so cool- No picnic tables in the back however.

Will update with pictures another day
Great Forum with a Wealth of information
Thank You

Old 08-10-2015 | 07:27 PM

I bought a key blank on eBay:

such as: New Flip Remote Key Fob 4 Button 433MHz w Chip 4D60 for Jaguar x Type s Type XJ | eBay

Then followed instructions for programming: How to Program Your Key Fob | eBay

You might need to have a working programmed key, though. I forget

You could also buy from the dealer a blank without the electronics and the buttons and then buy the clip on keyless module:

Free Programming Jaguar Non USA Remote Key Fob x Type s Type XJ X350 U K 433 | eBay

These guys say they'll program it for you.

But you don't have to pay that kinda cash. Ridiculous!

Google is your friend and eBay is your ally! You can do this for under $100

Old 08-21-2015 | 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by worldrider
I bought a key blank on eBay:

such as: New Flip Remote Key Fob 4 Button 433MHz w Chip 4D60 for Jaguar x Type s Type XJ | eBay

Then followed instructions for programming: How to Program Your Key Fob | eBay

You might need to have a working programmed key, though. I forget

You could also buy from the dealer a blank without the electronics and the buttons and then buy the clip on keyless module:

Free Programming Jaguar Non USA Remote Key Fob x Type s Type XJ X350 U K 433 | eBay

These guys say they'll program it for you.

But you don't have to pay that kinda cash. Ridiculous!

Google is your friend and eBay is your ally! You can do this for under $100
I am also in need of a key for my 05 XJR as I currently only have the valet key. I have been looking into the ebay keys and I think it should work; I got a guy to program it, but where and how did you get yours cut?

Old 08-22-2015 | 08:49 PM
|

The Dealer here will copy the key for me - I have also been told that a Ford dealer may be able to do the cut/copy, the key I have is quite worn so the intent is to purchase on line and have them duplicated or (preferably) cut from the code
I am curious if there will be any problems with me getting the key code with the Vin for a Jaguar - Have done it for other makes with no problem. Ford dealer was quite happy to do it for free when I stop by.

I will do a little local digging over the next few days to see if there is a locksmith that can cut a Tibbe key from key code ounce located I am off to the races

If I end up paying the dealer for the programming I will not loose any sleep - Just prefer to stay away from the Dealer The programming does not sound to difficult

I will get back on this project this coming week and give you a update.