XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

No Power to Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default No Power to Drivers Seat

Hey folks, I recently purchased a 2005 Jaguar Vanden Plas, loving the car, but still working on a few things. One that's been a difficult is that the Driver's seat has no power. The previous owner suggested that it required a power module replacement. I got one of those, but no luck. I'very searched the forum, but haven't come up with a fix. Let me know your thoughts.

The second issue I'm working on is the "Passenger Door Open" message on the dash. I traced it to the rear right passenger door. The lights typically remain on after closing this door, which is unlike the others. I tried moving the strike plate, but this does not seem to be the cause. Now the dash message stays on all the time while driving. I get the feeling that this door lock issue is also causing a drain on the battery, but that's a whole other story.

p.s. I've been a Jaguar owner for over 10 years and continue to be a huge fan, this is my second XJ8 X350.

I appreciate all of your input.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 751 Likes on 631 Posts

WRT the door open message:

There are two scockets on the door actuator one is rectangular

and the other is smaller and triangular.

The triangular one accomodates two wires which lead along the

outside of the actuator to the door proximity sensor which appears to be sealed in the actuator housing.

Check this plug and socket for corrosion and a 12 v supply.

Check wires also for breaks etc.

A fault with sensor itself is very rare and would mean replacing the actuator.

Old 11-27-2021, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The ground wire under the drivers seat is the cause of all these intermittent issues

The simple do it yourself ANSWER IS….Remove the Drivers Seat and check the ground wire that is located directly under the drivers seat…9 times outside of 10 the stud that holds the ground wires is corroded and has broken off…reroute ground wired to nearest stud and lock down with new nut and all your problems should be solved!!!

=vidx3m;1971120]Hey folks, I recently purchased a 2005 Jaguar Vanden Plas, loving the car, but still working on a few things. One that's been a difficult is that the Driver's seat has no power. The previous owner suggested that it required a power module replacement. I got one of those, but no luck. I'very searched the forum, but haven't come up with a fix. Let me know your thoughts.

The second issue I'm working on is the "Passenger Door Open" message on the dash. I traced it to the rear right passenger door. The lights typically remain on after closing this door, which is unlike the others. I tried moving the strike plate, but this does not seem to be the cause. Now the dash message stays on all the time while driving. I get the feeling that this door lock issue is also causing a drain on the battery, but that's a whole other story.

p.s. I've been a Jaguar owner for over 10 years and continue to be a huge fan, this is my second XJ8 X350.

I appreciate all of your input.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-20-2024, 07:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JuszWright
The simple do it yourself ANSWER IS….Remove the Drivers Seat and check the ground wire that is located directly under the drivers seat…9 times outside of 10 the stud that holds the ground wires is corroded and has broken off…reroute ground wired to nearest stud and lock down with new nut and all your problems should be solved!!!

=vidx3m;1971120]Hey folks, I recently purchased a 2005 Jaguar Vanden Plas, loving the car, but still working on a few things. One that's been a difficult is that the Driver's seat has no power. The previous owner suggested that it required a power module replacement. I got one of those, but no luck. I'very searched the forum, but haven't come up with a fix. Let me know your thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

Well you’re are a big help!!!

Old 02-20-2024, 08:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JuszWright

[/QUOTE]

Well you’re are a big help!!!