XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Odd remote lock problem(ette)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010 | 04:25 PM
|
Veteran Member
Default Odd remote lock problem(ette)

I was playing around with the central screen display, (as one does !!), and it came up with Car Settings, so I selected and found the double/single unlock action can be altered to a single. I did this, because my daughter had complained she could not enter the car until I had unlocked her door.

Thing was afterwards the remote (keyfob) locking did not want to work. It seemed OK, the lights all flashed, but I noticed that the little warning light on the dash top did not start flashing and to my horror, I found the car completely unlocked. So I went round opening and closing all the doors and eventually it DID lock OK. Thing is the warning horn for an open door did not sound.

Today I reset it to double unlock and it all seems OK. Has anyone else had any "anomalies" with the locking system ?

Car is running beautifully, by the way, and I have already done 2500 miles since I got it in just a few weeks. I had the front wheels rebalanced, and watched as the tyre fitter did it, but there still seems to be a fluttering at the wheel at around 60 mph. Is there anything else likely to need checking. The tyres were on the rear, but the dealer fitted two new Dunlops as part of the sale, and put these on the rear, moving the "Joe Nonames" to the front. Actually they are ATR Sport Achilles; anybody heard of them ?