XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Official service manuals available online

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008 | 01:58 PM
|
Default Official service manuals available online

You can get a one day subscription for www.jaguartechinfo.com for $14 (one model one year). Other subscriptions are avaialbe as well.

Most of the docs are PDF, so you can save them to your PC. Unfortunately the workshop manual is available only online. You can also print the sections that you are interested in.

PS: may be this is only for North America.

Old 07-03-2008 | 11:02 AM
Default RE: Official service manuals available online

This is the ONLY service data I've seen for my 2004 XJ8 that isn't complete crap. It is run and maintained by Jaguar. JTIS that I got is crap (aside from being wrong model year). Mitchells eautorepair.net is crap. It is just a copy of the JTIS with much most data missing. Examples: changing a headlight - JTIS has nothing, Mitchells has nothing, GTR the entire procedure (10 or 12 pages about remove/install, changingf bulbs, adjusting the headlights, levelling motor, levelling sensor). Need another example: Rear parking sensor - JTIS has wiring diagram only (1 page), Mitchell has same, GTR has about 30 pages of description, operation, diagnosis, servicing the parts. It is an actual service manual.
One last important one. My car has a slight squawk shifting 3 to 4 & 4 to 3. This one is just plain wrong in the JTIS and Mitchell, who both want me to drain and replace the ATF with the Jag juice to the tune of $99 a quart. That TSB does not even exist any more according to GTR. It has been replaced by JTB00070 which simply calls for an additive. It really pisses me off when I pay money for crap and the JTIS that I bought and the Mitchell site are axactly that, crap. The GTR is $15 for one day, I think $250 for a year and you know what? It's worth it because it's not garbage. If you plan on doing any work to one of these cars, do yourself a favor and skip over the crap and subscribe to the GTR mentioned above. You do get what you pay for in this case.

Old 07-03-2008 | 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

You can get Alldata.com for $25 a year. I have used it for years on my XJ6 and now on the XJ8. I am a hobbyist tech and ex-pro and it has all I need.

Old 07-07-2008 | 08:00 AM

OK So I subscribed (threw away $26) to Alldata to see if it was "all I need". First problem I have to tackle on this car is a nonfunctioning parking assistant. Let's see what AllData has to say. I'd like to preface by saying that the Jaguar operated GTR site has 25 pages on this system, including wiring diagrams, descriptions and procedures for 35 different trouble codes, component diagrams, remove and replace information for each part of the system.

AllData has a wiring diagram, component location picture and that's about it. Of the 35 trouble codes, it list one (B1342) and that one is wrong. It refers to a EPB module which I don't think is related to this system. The other 34 codes...... Missing. Not even an acknowledgement to their existence. So how should I have diagnosed the problem with AllData? I'm a little hazy on this. Let's say that I tried 92,000 permutations and diagnosed the problem as being the rear speaker. How would I replace this component using the AllData information? Not quite sure. There's a picture of the whole car showing approximately where it's located but AllData feels no need to publish the 6 pages outlining the remove and replace info that Jaguar publishes. I just don't see how this AllData site is anything more than the others. It is not a service manual. It is scattered data that was available and fluffed with basic auto repair information that doesn't apply to a specific model car.

Sure am glad I wasted the time and money to subscribe to it. The amount of money is not large but the really annoying part is that is was for absolutely nothing. The money is just thrown away. I stick to what I said originally. Jaguar GTR is a service manual. All others (including AllData) are crap.