Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

WOW, your garage is terrific
Thanks for the pics

Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, I am incredibly jealous of your garage! That's the kind of stuff I've been wanting to do in my garage, but unfortunately it's became a storage place and I barely have enough room for my tools. Maybe I should do a yard sale soon lol.

I love the upgrades you have done with the car. The umbrella holder is very impressive! I actually want to make a rifle holder in that same area! It would be a nice spot to place my semi-auto FAL.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by biggieslicky
Hey Allan, noticed anything different about the trunk ? Took your advice and got rid of the leaper. I put that leaper on about two years ago. And since then, I've been having second thoughts. Not sure what I was thinking back then. Must be the 15 year old teenie bopper in me trying to re-live my Honda tuning days.lol Anyways, I took that leaper and pasted in on my $1 clock that is in my garage. Looks much better on the clock then on the trunk of my Jag.

Take the XJ8 badge off, I think my XJ8 looks much better without it.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JagManBonano
Wow, I am incredibly jealous of your garage! That's the kind of stuff I've been wanting to do in my garage, but unfortunately it's became a storage place and I barely have enough room for my tools. Maybe I should do a yard sale soon lol.

I love the upgrades you have done with the car. The umbrella holder is very impressive! I actually want to make a rifle holder in that same area! It would be a nice spot to place my semi-auto FAL.

Rifle holder ? Are you serious ? lol. I guess you could do that just in case the need arrives for you to blow off some poor schmuck who`s driving too slow on the fastlane. lol I`m glad you like the garage. It`s been a work in progress for the last year. I`ve been slowly collecting and making additions to it over time. Just this past summer, I built the loft to accommondate my kids toys, tools and patio set. I covered it with a 9` Union Jack flag to hide all the junk. All I need now is a wide screen tv, and I can call it home when I get into trouble with the wifey.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Rifle holder ? Are you serious ? lol. I guess you could do that just in case the need arrives for you to blow off some poor schmuck who`s driving too slow on the fastlane. lol I`m glad you like the garage. It`s been a work in progress for the last year. I`ve been slowly collecting and making additions to it over time. Just this past summer, I built the loft to accommondate my kids toys, tools and patio set. I covered it with a 9` Union Jack flag to hide all the junk. All I need now is a wide screen tv, and I can call it home when I get into trouble with the wifey.
When I go to the outdoor shooting range it would be nice to pull out my rifle from the holder in the trunk of my Jag . I agree with you that it may come in handy when someone is driving way too slow in the fastlane. Or better yet, when someone continues to tailgate me and get very close to my car lol. Yes, your garage looks fantastic! You should really get that flat screen tv! I will be moving in the next 2 years and thats how I want my garage to look. It will be my man cave with a TV, all the Jaguar memorabilia, an arcade game, tool space, and a small bar. That would truly be my sanctuary! lol

Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JagManBonano
I actually want to make a rifle holder in that same area! It would be a nice spot to place my semi-auto FAL.
I have pondered the idea of installing the accessory drawer and adding stiff foam cut to hold handguns, Magazines and spare ammo. I am not sure the Jaguar drawer would hold the weight.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone have the part number for the hazard triangle and whatever it takes to mount it on the trunk lid?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by 45Wheelgun
Does anyone have the part number for the hazard triangle and whatever it takes to mount it on the trunk lid?
Hi 45Wheelgun, the part # for the Warning Triangle is C2C33010. You can still purchase it from the dealer, but will pay a dear price for it. I got mine of Ebay.uk, brand new at a substantial savings over dealer prices. With regards to the installation, it comes with a fitting kit and instructions. All you do is remove the two raw plugs off from the trunk lid and screw the holding bracket for the warning triangle in place.

The following 2 users liked this post by biggieslicky:
45Wheelgun (11-09-2011), Panthro (12-15-2015)
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Does someone like Jag's?

I like the before and after; too hard to pick one. Even old grill with new wheels would look nice. Love the umbrella and thought about doing it for a while.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default grill specifics

Found the grill surround on ebay, however I have a question re: the inserts:

Jaguar X350 Radiator Grille Surround brand new OE | eBay

Did you purchase the badge and inserts separately?

The stock woven wire mesh inserts for 04-07 is 1.8mm diameter woven stainless wire with 6.7mm x 6.7mm diamond pattern spacing. What are the dimension of the insert on your new grill? Is it ABS plastic, or aluminum or woven wire? I've seen the larger woven stainless wire mesh with 2.5mm diameter at 12.7 x 12.7 mm diamond pattern spacing.
Bob

Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I think the wheels were a step down.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 255 Likes on 143 Posts
Thumbs up Very Slick Indeed!

I have to agree with "tarhealcracker" on the rims. Your plates look like mine, I have the same thing on my plates.

I sent in my request for new plates, do not want to have the same plates even though I am in Missouri.

Last edited by reyesl; 12-28-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,374 Likes on 1,488 Posts

Originally Posted by locorebob

The stock woven wire mesh inserts for 04-07 is 1.8mm diameter woven stainless wire with 6.7mm x 6.7mm diamond pattern spacing. What are the dimension of the insert on your new grill? Is it ABS plastic, or aluminum or woven wire? I've seen the larger woven stainless wire mesh with 2.5mm diameter at 12.7 x 12.7 mm diamond pattern spacing.
Bob
I bought mine on eBay as a complete package. The mesh inserts are ABS and designed for this grille only.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Default grill

Originally Posted by jahummer
I bought mine on eBay as a complete package. The mesh inserts are ABS and designed for this grille only.
With the larger spacing custom ABS mesh inserts, it sounds as if it's impossible to find a matching lower grill. Even if you could find one, it's not clear whether the large spacing on the mesh for the lower grill would have the same aesthetic appeal as the more common 1.8mm woven wire mesh at 6.7 mm spacing. And mixing the two wouldn't work either. Would have to see one photo-shopped into the lower grill to envision how it would look.

I couldn't navigate black country jags website in order to "shop" and I can't find one ebay. I have an email out to black country asking for price and availability with shipping to USA.
Bob

Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by locorebob

Bob
Hi Locorebob, I purchased the grille from Blackcountry Jaguar back in February of this year. It came complete with the badge and inserts for around U.S $200. It's ABS plastic and the diamond pattern spacing is 3cm x 2cm. The grille surround you are watching on Ebay from BlackCountry is quite expensive. However, still cheaper then dealer prices. Check Ebay and Adamesh as it does get listed from different sellers from time to time. In reference to the lower mesh grille, Mina Gallery sells one on Ebay at a very reasonable price. However, the spacing between woven mesh is much closer compared to the new grille. To give you a better idea of what the new grille will look like with the Mina lower mesh grille, I've enclosed a pic of another forum member from Jaguar U.K who had his done. In my opinion, it does not look too bad. Hope this info helps...

Old 11-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

I think $200 is what I paid for the whole kit painted. He offered them pre-painted in factory colours and offered expedited shipping to the states for about $20. I went to his account and saw he was still selling them until about a year ago. The dealer in the States quoted me $1600 in 2008 and was surprised to find one at this price.

The lower grille on the pic above looks TOO aftermarket, IMHO. I really don't see how any grille is going to work unless it follows the framed design of the upper. That is why I think the design I came up with works best for the 2003-2007 bumper covers, chrome the blade from fog lamp to fog lamp.

The following users liked this post:
biggieslicky (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 05:27 AM

Hey Jahummer, love the chrome blade ! How did you go about doing this ? Is this one of those chrome plated plastic tubes that adheres itself to surfaces via a 3m backing tape?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member

No, it is the factory blade I had professionally chromed. It looks great and really enhances the look of the car perhaps even more so than the newer style cover.

However I sadly discovered that since my car has the optional adaptive cruise control the chrome interferes with the radar and will end up selling the 3 parts at some point soon.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 AM

Hi Locorebob, I purchased the grille from Blackcountry Jaguar back in February of this year. It came complete with the badge and inserts for around U.S $200. It's ABS plastic and the diamond pattern spacing is 3cm x 2cm. The grille surround you are watching on Ebay from BlackCountry is quite expensive. However, still cheaper then dealer prices. Check Ebay and Adamesh as it does get listed from different sellers from time to time. In reference to the lower mesh grille, Mina Gallery sells one on Ebay at a very reasonable price. However, the spacing between woven mesh is much closer compared to the new grille. To give you a better idea of what the new grille will look like with the Mina lower mesh grille, I've enclosed a pic of another forum member from Jaguar U.K who had his done. In my opinion, it does not look too bad. Hope this info helps...

thanks slick, the photo helps a lot. I received correspondence from Michael Berkin at black country and he states the grill is in stock however only one mesh insert available... so I will keep an eye out. Meanwhile, I'll search ebay for universal sheet stock of the same ABS diamond pattern and look into fabricating my own for fun. thanks for the specs.
Bob

Old 11-21-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by jahummer
No, it is the factory blade I had professionally chromed. It looks great and really enhances the look of the car perhaps even more so than the newer style cover.

However I sadly discovered that since my car has the optional adaptive cruise control the chrome interferes with the radar and will end up selling the 3 parts at some point soon.
Jahummer. What fine automotive taste and style you have with that combination... it ranks near the top. I like it. Have you considered building an appropriate shield for the adaptive cruise control sensors to diminish the affects of the chome blade? What are the conditions for the interference to occur?
Bob

Quick Reply: Pics of some recent upgrades done on my X350