XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Power steering line help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Power steering line help!

On way home tonight, power steeering went out. Got home and looked under and I have a hose that came off. After jacking it up, I can't seem to find where it connects. It comes off a t-fitting from the power steering lines, and all fluid leaked out. I cant find where it goes.

I found another post very similar to this problem, and that guy said it was an expansion line? But he never said where it went, he just put a brass plug in it and capped it off and tied it up.

Can anyone look at theirs and tell me where it goes? its a 2004 vanden plas. The not close up picture is taken from behind the driver front wheel, pointing up toward the steering rack, you can see the hose hanging down, that appears to be routed along the steering rack but cant tell for sure.

The close up are just closer in to the t fitting. but the T is on the driver side of the steering rack, and I need to know where this line goes!

Thanks if you can help!

Old 07-21-2018, 07:33 AM

Here is the other post I was referring to....he said he just capped off the line?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...connect-97833/

Old 07-21-2018, 07:48 AM

ok, i found a picture of the line itself online. part num 2W933L602CA

on end goes to pump, then fitting to steering rack, but where the heck does other end go? reservoir? Maybe the PS cooler?

Last edited by acetrebo; 07-21-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:29 AM

Ok, well I fixed it. After careful inspection of where all the lines go, this line is a "dummy" line and can be capped off.

The T-fitting, that this line is connected to on the steering rack, the other line on the t fitting goes to the fluid cooler. From the cooler the other line goes to the reservoir, then from the reservoir to the pump, then from the pump is the other line on the steering rack in front of this connection. This line is some kind of vent or expansion line. From the best I can tell, it would fit perfectly onto a post that is located on the bottom of the starter. It fits there, and could definitely have been clamped on to that. I could see on the rubber end, where there was a clamp on it now missing. Because the end was damaged and I cut a small part of it off, I put a large bolt in the end of the hose that fit tightly, and then clamped it off. I zip tied the hose to the steering rack to keep it out of the way.

I filled the reservoir up and ran the car, then turned the wheels, topped it up again until it was full. Took a drive, checked the levels, and checked for leaks. Its working properly again, no leaks, and level good.

I hope this helps someone else that has the same issue, at first I thought it would be bad, but after a lot of research, this line just needed capped off. The new replacement parts do not have this t-fitting, its been replaced with a newer part that removes this line.