XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Putting Her Back Together

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 03:26 AM
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Xjrsteve
Thomas, Please compare my photo with yours showing the path of the TB end.

If you look at the hole clearly visible at the back. That hole is partially covered by that ****! plastic cover on my car. As long as the hose is where it should be under the SC (Great groove in the bottom of the insulation for the VH!).

I suspect that when I put the Elbow back I should see where the hose should go? Where it curves to the left, it seems like it should go behind the plastic boot.

Thanks,

Steve S.

Hi Steve,

the picture I posted shows the route of the valley hose, it will "sneak" around the TB once this is installed. Routed like in your picture, it will not reach the nipple where it should go on the TB.

Rubber hoses normally already give you a hint about how they are to be installed, as they are curved in the way they should go. If you need to bend it out of the shape they come in, as I believe you do by placing the hose like in your picture, then the routing is not correct.

As you correctky, stated, you will also see this when continuing the reassembly.

Regarding the difference in routing of the other hose that Pete M. mentioned and which the one circled in red in one of my pictures above, this was already a point of discussion in another thread between him and me, and I believe in the meantime that it is caused by Jaguar making a change from X350 to X358.
Why? It's normal for car manufacuters to make changes during the lifespan of a model, and off course Jaguar did it, as well. One example being the way the intercoolers look different, the x358 ones are ribbed in comparison the the "smooth" ones our X350 cars have.
So, for the hose in question, the part number mentioned by Pete M. in the previous thread differs from the one I used for the same hose, and if you look at Pete M.'s picture, the hose itself also looks different.

I have found this picture taken at an early stage of dismatling and the hose lifted, which would not have been possible at that stage if the hose ran underneath the supercharger:

Best regards,

Thomas

The following 2 users liked this post by Thomas-S.:
04Xjrsteve (07-14-2024), Pete M (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 05:32 AM
Received 127 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Very Helpful!

Yes, Thomas; I, too, noticed the differences in the hoses. Mine seems to ride very nicely above.
Have installed intercoolers,, supercharger. Had wanted to put the T Housing on, but am missing one of the large clamps for the large elbow hose at the top. Started to use a worm clamp but decided to see if I can find a spring clamp. So, I'm working in the back. Quite pleased with the fuel rail connector solution - subject for another thread.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Best,

Steve S.

Old 07-14-2024, 07:25 AM

Hi Steve,

looking again at your picture, I think that the routing you chose will interfere with the connector of the MAP sensor in the TB. But then, you will see if this is correct when installing the TB.

BTW, here's a picture of the old valley hoese in my car together with the new one, which is an improved design:

It might be useful for comparing the routing.

Best regards,

Thomas

The following users liked this post:
04Xjrsteve (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 09:08 AM
Default EGR/Valley Hose Route

When I installed Elbow prematurely, I was having to run the Valley Hose through the loop made with the MAP sensor wire. I will try to get through the TB installation today. Starting to look like an engine again

Thanks & best,

Steve S.

The following users liked this post:
Jaroslav Záruba (07-14-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 10:17 AM

Somehow, the hose from the auxiliary waterpump was not ordered. So, I will enjoy the delay in continuing.
Have a glorious day!!

Steve S.

Old 07-16-2024, 12:16 PM

Been there, done that... ;-)

Don't worry, you are not alone in the world with this!

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Thomas