XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Radio display options

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio display options

2005 vdp, read the touch-screen book that came with the car but doesn't seem to cover this question.
This is a fairly new vehicle to me and recently programed the radio to local station and not quite sure
what it displaying, certainly not the radio station frequency designation which is on other vehicles I drive.
I go to select a station and not quite sure where it is. My question is there a setting to have it display the
frequency designation as any other vehicle. Many thanks for any help.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:39 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

When I first start up my '04, I get the Jaguar Logo screen briefly, and then it switches to the Menu screen automatically. When I touch the "Audio" button, I get this screen, provided it was the AM/FM portion I was listening to when I last shut the car off. This screen indicates that I'm listening to CFMO, at 102.9 fm , in stereo. The red highlighted button at the bottom left of the screen just means that CFMO was one of my 'saved' stations. If I hit either the >> or the << buttons below the screen, the radio will auto-seek the next strong signal station, and it will display the call sign and frequency on the very top , screen-wide bar. Is this not how your screen is working?

Old 03-21-2021, 10:00 AM

Thank you for that, exactly the same as mine.
In your picture the top line shows the station ID and the frequency of the station.
I would like it to show the stations frequency, instead of the station ID.
just hoping the display buttons could be switched
An example you would appreciate as I live close to 93.5 (cbc) which shows on my radio
as RADIO 1. I also listen to 90.3 (cbc) which also shows as RADIO !.

I suppose I associate with frequency identifiers apposed to RADIO 1 whatever that means.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Best regards,
Dave.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:15 PM

OK, Dave, part of your confusion might be that here across the border, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp broadcasts the same programming on multiple low-power fm stations all across the country as 'Radio One'. On my radio, if I were to press the upper right preset button that says Radio One in my picture, the local frequency closest to me will appear (90.1) as well as Radio One in the upper screen-wide bar. If I were to drive 100 kms or so from here, the station would fade, and I would have to hit the 'Seek' button, and scroll thru the stations until I heard the exact same broadcast. If I then pressed and held the Radio One button, it would 'learn' the new frequency, but still show 'Radio One' Only the new frequency associated with that button would appear in the uppermost line. Clear as mud, eh?

Last edited by Robert Scott Neilly; 03-21-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:28 PM

The system is quite quirky and capricious, (hell, 17 years is a long time in this world of hi-tech) and I think a lot of how a station appears on these radios has to do with how the station decides to brand itself on the signal, but the case of CBC Radio One (or Two, for that matter) is a bit unique, and maybe more than these old infotainment systems can handle.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:49 AM

LOL, sounds right but being a Sarnia brat and getting 2 "RADIO 1"'s London/Sarnia, a lot of the time with different programing, hmm which RADIO 1 do I listen to today.... Suppose I would like to just see the Station Frequency then I'll know what I'm listening too.. Couple of stations I've listen to in Detroit for years, don't know what the ID stands for on the button. Anyway, all is good just have to learn this 15 plus year old technology..... ; - )

How can I set the radio to a particular frequency instead for using the scan buttons?
How can I make the horn sound when I lock the doors?

Best regards,

Old 03-22-2021, 07:32 PM

Short answers: #1 You can't
#2 Jags are much to well-bred to make rude noises when you lock them