XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Rear Drivers Window (LHD)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rear Drivers Window (LHD)

The driver's rear window on my 05 XJ8L will go up or down only about 4 inches & stop. I have to continue to press the window switch several times to get to the window all the way up or down. Each time it moves only about the 4 inches.

​​​​​​​ I have reset the window by getting it all the way up (and down) & then holding the switch for about 15 seconds with no improvement. I have also replaced the driver's master switch with no joy. It does the same using the rear door window switch itself. All the other door windows work perfectly.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Richard

Old 10-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 755 Likes on 633 Posts

Possible corroded mechanism.

Remove door card and have a look.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Replaced the regulator/motor and now works perfectly. I got a used one for $35.00. Dealer wanted over $500.00! If anyone knows the wiring to the regulator, I would like to bench test mine to see if it was the motor or the regulator itself.

The regulator replacement was the easiest I have ever done. After removing the door card and inner liner, one has only to remove the regulator's screws and detach the glass.

​​​​​​​Richard

Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

BenzJag, sorry no answers but I look forward to your findings.

Mine is LHD as well, and my right passenger window only wants to go down regardless of whether I pull up or down. And even then, it just creeps down, the auto-down doesn't work.
Surprisingly the global close by switch or key fob, lowers all windows as well as the individual switch. This makes me think it's more of a module issue, but for now, it doesn't bother me enough.