XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Rear Seat Connectivity Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Connectivity Retrofit

Afternoon,

I have search the forum and ebay and although I am able to locate quite a few sources for rear seat entertainmnt for the X-type and S-Type I haven't seen anyone that has fitted the system to the XJ.

Ive got an 04 XJR and I would like to retrofit the stock system out the Super V8. Does any one know more info on the system? Id like to have the controls in the rear armrest as well if that is possible. If I have overlooked the topic on this forum can someone pls point me in the right direction.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,373 Likes on 1,487 Posts

I believe the UK forums have some postings regarding this topic. It can be done, like anything, but at a great cost. Replacing wire harnesses, gutting the interior of the car, reprogramming the head unit, etc. Would be cheaper and easier to find a new car already equipped this way or an aftermarket solution.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks
why is it so much easier for the s-types and X-types?

Having the controls in the rear armrest is optional i guess if it makes the process any easier.

Do you know where I could find more info from the uk owners?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

While not an exact SV8 system, the S-Type kit from Nalley should drop in place with relative ease and expense...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...nt-xj8l-51570/

The control pod can be placed in the rear armrest and though the kit comes with no DVD player, an ipod or any other composite input can be used.

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by magmedia
While not an exact SV8 system, the S-Type kit from Nalley should drop in place with relative ease and expense...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...nt-xj8l-51570/

The control pod can be placed in the rear armrest and though the kit comes with no DVD player, an ipod or any other composite input can be used.

Thanks!
I have purchased this and have it installed on my '05 VDP. Works very well. Looks great to. Cost me more to have installed than Nalley charged me for it. My total cost was still less then $500 which I thought was an amazing price.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,373 Likes on 1,487 Posts

That's actually really nice and a great price. Does it tie into the headunit and play through the vehicle sound as well as other vehicle sources? From the looks of it, it is its own system, independent of the car.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
That's actually really nice and a great price. Does it tie into the headunit and play through the vehicle sound as well as other vehicle sources? From the looks of it, it is its own system, independent of the car.
It is totally independent. Jaguar labeled Wireless headphones are what you use to hear the sound. The headphones come in individual leather looking jaguar impressed leather bags. Very nice...

I port movies on to 2Gig SD cards. That is the largest size cards it will understand. Good news is that 2G SD cards are cheap! I carry 6 of them in the car and can fit two movies or 8, 1/2 hour TV programs per card. Keeps the crumb crunchers busy and quiet.

I have the control unit in the front armrest so the adults control the system. An IR repeater mounted at the bottom rear of the center console allows the kids to use the remote control from the back seat.

Under both front seats are RCA jacks for either rear passenger which can be used to plug in any video device with Red/White/Yellow RCA outputs. (Playstation, DVD Players etc). Each unit can display content independent of the other screen. The headphones will allow either passenger to listen to either units sound.

The whole thing works really well. Certainly not as cool as the factory built in version, but at a fraction of the cost. My install cost was $300 at the local car stereo store. The installer recognized the manufacture of the equipment and said the OEM made good products. I don't remember who actually made them for Jaguar.

You can see pictures of the installed headrests here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...s-garage-2301/

Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 PM

…very nice with the black interior!

Originally Posted by 45Wheelgun
It is totally independent. Jaguar labeled Wireless headphones are what you use to hear the sound. The headphones come in individual leather looking jaguar impressed leather bags. Very nice...

I port movies on to 2Gig SD cards. That is the largest size cards it will understand. Good news is that 2G SD cards are cheap! I carry 6 of them in the car and can fit two movies or 8, 1/2 hour TV programs per card. Keeps the crumb crunchers busy and quiet.

I have the control unit in the front armrest so the adults control the system. An IR repeater mounted at the bottom rear of the center console allows the kids to use the remote control from the back seat.

Under both front seats are RCA jacks for either rear passenger which can be used to plug in any video device with Red/White/Yellow RCA outputs. (Playstation, DVD Players etc). Each unit can display content independent of the other screen. The headphones will allow either passenger to listen to either units sound.

The whole thing works really well. Certainly not as cool as the factory built in version, but at a fraction of the cost. My install cost was $300 at the local car stereo store. The installer recognized the manufacture of the equipment and said the OEM made good products. I don't remember who actually made them for Jaguar.

You can see pictures of the installed headrests here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...s-garage-2301/

Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, I am about to buy headrest rear seat connectivity system to install in my 2004 Jaguar S-type base. Would I be able to use any type of player or do I need a jaguar dvd

Thanks

Marc

Old 02-10-2013, 05:33 PM

The kit mentioned in this kit is compatible with any device which has composite (red,yellow,white) outputs. Does not require jag-specific device.

Thanks-
Mag