XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Rear suspension parts cross

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 798 Likes on 670 Posts
Default Rear suspension parts cross

Anybody know if any rear suspension parts are the same as Lincoln's? Their front upper arms worked out. Read somewhere there was some rear parts as well that fit, and were a lot less expensive.Front suspension is in pretty good shape now, but rubber the in the rear joints is not pretty to look at. Will need to start on the rear now.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-rear-178038/

Have a look at the above thread. Just did my rear bushings. Bought a kit for the lower control arms and new upper control arms. Replaced the sway bar links.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Will replace the rear control arms upper and bushings lower. I have a 06 xjr with 97k. the front bushings are all good. Would you share with me where you bought the bushings and upper control arms. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Rear Sway Bar End Link Left Driver Side LH for Ford Thunderbird Lincoln LS | eBay

Lincoln LS Rear Lower Control Arm Fluid Hydrabushes Bushings LEFT + RIGHT SET 6

LINCOLN LS V6 V8 REAR UPPER CONTROL ARM ARMS BALL JOINT JOINTS LEFT RIGHT SET 2 | eBay

I bought my replacement rear suspension parts on Ebay from Deutsechapartsusa which some on this forum say have a not so good reputation from the Better Business Bureau.

I had a problem with one pair of bushings which were too large and the company rectified that issue very quickly.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jackra, just ordered the new rear upper left and right control arms. The set of six (hydrabushings) according to the additional information supplied on that site says that the hydrabushings are not available from Ford or Lincoln, so they must be special. You said that two bushings were too large and they were replaced. Looking at the ad, they must be the non-hydra bushings. Quick return? and they all worked out fine? Thanks

Old 08-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member

I forget which ones they were. It was a pair. I did not have to return them I just sent photos showing the discrepancy with the original and they sent out a good pair based on my measurements.

I was very happy overall despite the couple of days delay.

Just remembered it was after I pushed them in that I discovered the mismatch. So that was not so good.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,949 Posts

I had an advisory on the service I had done last week saying I had slight play in the offside rear lower wishbone. This was at the new Jaguar main agent a mile away from my house.

Now at one time, (under Ford), these wishbones cost a fortune, and then there was the fitting. I think Jaguar then wanted £460 a side. My quote for this arm was £240, including labour and our VAT (20%). So price exclusive of that tax is £200. This price is at the Jaguar prices for older cars so I would get a 10% parts reduction, and reduced labour charge. Incidentally the mechanic told me that these bushes can develop slight play and then last like that for a very long time, there being no need for me to rush to replace it.