XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Right Turn Signal No Work

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Right Turn Signal No Work

Found F25 inside the cabin open. On my on-line wiring diagram this fuse for right side lamps and right turn signal was depicted as being F25 in the engine compartment. No such fuse. Chased my tail for about a day. Put another fuse in and it blew. Remembered reading about someone on this forum having a problem with the overhead console. The wiring diagram depicts the overhead console's lights. Removed the overhead console and all my lights now work.

Does anyone have a specific wiring diagram of this overhead console??
2006 Jag XJ8L.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 12-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts

I would recommend cleaning all the contacts where the overhead console grounds. I had this same problem and I scratched up the contacts and slightly bent the metal grounding tabs for good measure and then replaced the bulb. The bulb may have been my issue but I haven't had a problem since doing these things and it's been 8 months since I fixed it.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 13,186 Likes on 6,548 Posts

Originally Posted by rgreuling
Does anyone have a specific wiring diagram of this overhead console??
Hi Rob,

The wiring schematic for the overhead console is shown on the Interior Lighting page of the 2006 XJ Electrical Guide, which you can download at the link below courtesy of our forum member Gus:

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Elec...al%20Guide.pdf

Cheers,

Don

Old 01-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the help. Found F25 to be inside the cabin, lower right passengers footwell. Traced wiring. Removed overhead console and F25 did not open. Turn signals worked. Inspected lights in console. Found the right night illumination lamp bilb to have one of its pins (wires) crossed between power side and ground. Removed/replaced bulb.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (01-04-2017)