XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

SC & Intercoolers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 08:09 AM
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't get on the X350 forum as I do the Series III now days but happened to see the post. Have done this job twice on my XJR, thought I might add some input. On the EGR bolt which are a bitch to get to. I sacrificed socket and ground some of the end off to get the socket to have a sharper bite on the offending bolt..

Also it is an excellent time to install an aftermarket oil catch can between the PVC valve and throttle body elbo . I change my oil every 3,000 miles. at 1500 miles and can open the catch can and pour out a couple ounces of oil. This will help keep your intercoolers free of oil that clog them up.

Just my 2 cents worth. I can send pictures later of my set up.

Wooford XJR

The following users liked this post:
04Xjrsteve (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 08:49 AM
Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Thanks, Wooford XJR

Had to put away the tools for a few days. Hope to get back to it next week. Will report back when I get that sucker off. Thanks, Steve S.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:26 AM
Received 184 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Xjrsteve
Had to put away the tools for a few days. Hope to get back to it next week. Will report back when I get that sucker off. Thanks, Steve S.
Law of nature that putiting away tools for a few days often make a body a better, faster, craftsman on return.

Seems our never-really-satisfied subconcious mind is forever reviewing the "what I SHOULD have done was..." scenarios as a background tasking, life-long.

There's good reason most still-survivng wild animals avoid uber-tenacious humans like a bad rash.

They live and work in the immediate term future. We work the far-term future as well.

Even the great cetaceans have s**t-lousy 401K's... and cannot change a tire, let alone a supercharger.

Last edited by Thermite; 04-17-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Bill, you magnificent maverick! Your wisdom on keeping that Jag purring like a contented cat and your insights into life’s grand mysteries (like why sockets always vanish in the laundry) have elevated you to legendary status.

They say laughter is the best medicine, but you, my friend, are the entire pharmacy! Your banter and humor have a more potent effect on our blood chemistry than a double espresso chased with a lightning bolt.

So here’s to you, Bill! Thank you for being the Methuselah of wit, the octogenarian oracle, and the unrivaled raconteur. If Methuselah lived to 969, then at 80, you’re not just chasing his record—you’re tap-dancing on it!

Keep spinning those yarns, Bill. The world needs more laughter, and you’re the chief yarn-spinner in this delightful comedy of existence.

Cheers to you, my friend! May your Jag run forever, your punchlines be evergreen, and your spirit stay as vibrant as a neon disco ball as it casts those rainbow colors across the dance floor of life!

Thank you, thank you, thank you—for the laughs, the camaraderie, and for proving that age is just a number when you’ve got humor in your toolbox.

With admiration and a dash of awe,

Steve S.

Old 04-17-2024, 01:22 PM
Received 184 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Xjrsteve
Bill, you magnificent maverick! Your wisdom on keeping that Jag purring like a contented cat and your insights into life’s grand mysteries (like why sockets always vanish in the laundry) have elevated you to legendary status.

They say laughter is the best medicine, but you, my friend, are the entire pharmacy! Your banter and humor have a more potent effect on our blood chemistry than a double espresso chased with a lightning bolt.

So here’s to you, Bill! Thank you for being the Methuselah of wit, the octogenarian oracle, and the unrivaled raconteur. If Methuselah lived to 969, then at 80, you’re not just chasing his record—you’re tap-dancing on it!

Keep spinning those yarns, Bill. The world needs more laughter, and you’re the chief yarn-spinner in this delightful comedy of existence.

Cheers to you, my friend! May your Jag run forever, your punchlines be evergreen, and your spirit stay as vibrant as a neon disco ball as it casts those rainbow colors across the dance floor of life!

Thank you, thank you, thank you—for the laughs, the camaraderie, and for proving that age is just a number when you’ve got humor in your toolbox.

With admiration and a dash of awe,

Steve S.

Well damn.... Many thanks. You have a superb command of life and language yerself.

Can't let it get yah down, "life'. Even as priorities change.

Cousin Roscoe had been the first human to discover the joys of trafficing with the opposite sex around sixteen years of age. Or so he was holdimg forth at some length and detail.

G'Dad just smirked, said that by his age, Roscoe would have discovered than a man took more satisfaction out of a good s**t.

Didn't convince Roscoe in the least that defecation was a match for fornication..

G'Dad said:

"Well, nephew... just go without BOTH for the next two weeks."

"Then tell me which one you miss the most!"

You don't have to guess what transpires when the Jaguar or Rover gets my dander up?

Why.. I "take a break" ... Of course.