Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 06:50 PM
Box
Veteran Member
Received 643 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Seicane Dash

Anyone seen or used this replacement?

https://www.seicane.com/gps-navigati...ct&utm_term=US

Attached Thumbnails Seicane Dash-1-gps-radio-bluetooth-music-mp3-h7788n-o_01.jpg  
Old 08-23-2022, 08:24 PM
Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts

Hi Box,
There are lots of those systems around on AliExpress. I'm sure they are excellent for all of the audio and navigation functions.
What I would like to see is how they go when operating other things like the air conditioning system, especially with 4-zone option.
How do they connect to the optical bus to use the CD changer in the boot? Can you access the vehicle options menu?
My only experience with these is when my son had something similar installed in his 2001 Lexus LS430. It was very impressive, and had the aircon functionality built in. They cost between NZ$1000 and $1300, depending on the spec. For now I'm happy to use my phone for navigation and the CD stacker for audio.

Pete M

Old 08-23-2022, 09:12 PM
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

I have one installed from Aliexpress and PM me for the exact seller. I can vouch for their excellent service.

In summary, the system modernizes the car without losing any functionality other than "low" phone microphone volume. I think I installed the microphone in not the best location but the unit does have a built-in Mic. Sound quality-wise is a no contest this sounds miles better. And I have high-end aftermarket components (CDT Audio) all around. The unit also allows you to have pre-amp-outs (front & subwoofer) and a rearview camera. I made a thread about my audio upgrade and you look it up on this forum. But you do lose any CD player functionality. But you buy a USB drive and you can play almost every media format of it easily. Bluetooth streaming is also possible but sound quality is inferior. If you are going to go with Pandora or spotify then I would download the app on "Tesla Screen" enable hot spot on the phone and use wifi and stream directly from "Screen". You can also play video files. As a nav unit, audio/video player, apple carplay or Andriod Auto ---> you cannot beat it.

As far as climate controls; everything works for me except turning the entire system OFF. Pressing the off button cycles the system on & off. Also, heated/cooled seats only work with OEM buttons despite the buttons showing in "Screen". I don't have 4 zone climate so I cannot answer you on that question.

If anyone has any questions; feel free to PM. And installation isn't hard if you can remove the rear seats & center console. All the wiring plugs in with no splicing etc