XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Sirius Hard Install Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Sirius Hard Install Options

I would like to have a Sirius Stratus 7 radio "hard installed," to my 04 x350 xjr via an FM direct adaptor. The FM adaptor can be found here: SiriusXM FM Direct Adapter Black FMDA25 - Best Buy.

I was told by one installer that this product would not be compatible with my car's radio/nav unit. Would anyone here happen to know if the FM direct adapter is able to plug into my car?

If the FM direct adaptor will not work, I can alternatively have the radio attached by an aux in cable. However, my car does not have an ACM audio connectivity module already installed.I have read Seamagineer's helpful PDF regarding the installation of an ACM. However, the acm seems to be rather expensive at ~$600-~$700.

If I were to have an aux in cable installed, would anyone happen to know if there are any less expensive options than the ACM?
Thank you.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 214 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sloXJR
I would like to have a Sirius Stratus 7 radio "hard installed," to my 04 x350 xjr via an FM direct adaptor. The FM adaptor can be found here: SiriusXM FM Direct Adapter Black FMDA25 - Best Buy.

I was told by one installer that this product would not be compatible with my car's radio/nav unit. Would anyone here happen to know if the FM direct adapter is able to plug into my car?

If the FM direct adaptor will not work, I can alternatively have the radio attached by an aux in cable. However, my car does not have an ACM audio connectivity module already installed.I have read Seamagineer's helpful PDF regarding the installation of an ACM. However, the acm seems to be rather expensive at ~$600-~$700.

If I were to have an aux in cable installed, would anyone happen to know if there are any less expensive options than the ACM?
Thank you.

I cannot understand how an FM adapter could not be compatible. All radio is the same. I believe that even the connector is the same. The factory Sirius uses FM.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:40 PM

The installer I spoke with seemed to think that the standard Sirius FMDA25 direct adaptor would not plug into my radio. I'm waiting for another installer to get back to me regarding whether or not an additional part is available to connect the FMDA25 to my radio.
Based on my research, I wonder if this might work:
Amazon.com : Metra 40EU30 2002-Up VW/BMW/European Vehicle Antenna Adapter Cable Kit-Add CD with FM Modulator : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Metra 40EU30 2002-Up VW/BMW/European Vehicle Antenna Adapter Cable Kit-Add CD with FM Modulator : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics

Old 02-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I had to replace the factory installed one in my 06 xjr. they used a model called the sirius starbase. it was somewhat proprietary to work with the jag according to my installer.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I traded a wood ashtray assembly for a Sirus radio set up. As the gentleman told me, it was stuck in the Sirus Radio screen mode and would not function any longer. I was able to find the Sirius Starbase set up on Ebay (as there were several) all over the internet. I bought a new controller for 20.00 and a new module for 25.00 with free shipping. It is identical to the factory set up and I just plan on exchanging either the controller on the dash or the module in the trunk. If it is the trunk unit, there are 6 nuts holding it onto the bracket and 3 plugs to swap the unit out. If it is the actual controller, then I will put the new unit into the wood ashtray assembly under the wood cover and open it when the Sirius is on or need to change the channel. This way it will look clean and hidden. The system is very proprietary and the Starbase is the only one that will replace the original. If your head unit isn't good plan on getting a wood ashtray assembly and placing your unit inside. Maybe double face tape it to the inner ashtray itself. I love Sirius and ever since it was introduced on the first car as an option I have owned one. I suggest that people try it. I find that CD's are sometimes bothersome and I don't always get the music I like to hear.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM

Thus far, 2 shops have told me that the FMDA25 adaptor is incompatible with my car and that no aftermarket FMDA/aux in connector exists for a hard install.

I have resolved to purchase an ACM module for the s-type/x-type in the coming months. KIT-AUDIO CONNEC | Genuine Jaguar | C2C40513

Several other forum members seem to have successfully installed these on X350s, so I would hope that, though expensive, the ACM will solve my problem.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I can get that kit for 535.00

I can get that kit for 535.00 out the door but have no desire to the kit