XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

So far today and now stuck....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So far today and now stuck....

Hello all!

So, decided to swap the seats for the heated ones with DVD players in head rest....

So far I have all the seats out, the center unit out, the stereo out...

Front seats gone...

Back seat gone (backrest now removed as well)

Center gone...

So, I'm not convinced I want to use the big touchscreen satnav unit especially as he didn't send the satnav DVD drive with it and there appears to be no connection for the big screen. I think I'm better off getting the strip with heated seat buttons.

Now on my kitchen floor I have this...

Wiring mess...

From what I can tell I have to remove all the carpets and then try to work out how on earth this jigsaw fits together!!

Anyone have any suggestions besides "Dude be happy without heated seats and don't take your beautiful car apart"?!

Thanks!!

Old 03-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Just had a thought, if I don't care about the DVD players (and I don't really) then can I strip out only the elements of wiring I need?

So, if I just want front and back heated seats, is that going to be easier or the same amount of work?

Seen mentioned here a few times also that people given the choice would stick with a separates system instead of the touchscreen, in which case what would you swap it with?

Old 03-08-2016, 07:13 AM

So, latest update...

Got everything out and the new wiring in place, although in the boot the old wiring had this bit and the new doesn't...

I traced the wiring and it goes to two separate connectors at the front which obviously are in the new wiring.

Thought I'd loosely put everything together and give it a try anyway...

Plug the seats and everything in, put the battery back in, turn the key, all seems okay, start the engine, a click and nothing so sounds like a fuse went.

Before I start crying or digging around again, any ideas? I'm going to search for a wiring diagram to help, but does anyone have one to save the search?

Thanks as always...

Old 03-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Is your Climate control unit plugged in? I believe the car will not start without it.
Do you know the year of the donor car, they changed the wiring slightly over the years.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xud...#5sr11tsk2z78h

The following users liked this post:
ukdeluded (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the quick reply

It was from this advert

FULL LEATHER INTERIOR SEATS JAGUAR X350 XJ6 XJ8 2003-2008 WITH TV KIT

Just checked and it doesn't explicitly say what year, I made the assumption from the advert they were the same.

Would that cause it to all go very dark? I'm assuming I now have to do the 'hunt the fuse' game!!

I am pretty sure I plugged everything back in, or at least everything i could find that plugged into anything!!

Old 03-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

The harness you show on your kitchen floor is known as the telematics harness on the X350s. It is responsible for most of the entertainment system wiring, but also carries various body signals around when convienient to do so (primarily between the instrument panel and the modules in the boot, like the rear body ECU and park brake modules). They are highly specific to individual vehicle specifications.

Unfortunately these harnesses are very VIN-specific, sometimes down to a VIN break of just a few hundred cars off the production line before the wiring was modified. It makes it almost impossible to just swap them out with one from a different car unless it also fell within that VIN break.

Be aware that the electrical schematics on TOPIx for the X350 variants (often reproduced online) do not cover all the telematics revisions, only the main VIN breaks at model year changes, so a lot of your time will be spent with a multimeter comparing the harnesses to the schematics to identify where they differ. The earlier Jaguar electrical information was very sparse. I've replaced telematics harnesses on three X350s to date - two where with brand new harnesses ordered to the new spec and one was modified. If you can list exactly what spec your cvehicle was before, and what you plan it to have afterwards I can advise on the main bits that might cause problems. For example the way you talk about the touchscreen I am unsure if the vehicle originally had the touchscreen or the LCD display?

The good news is that it is normally very possible to do, but you may need to spend a bit more on some additional harnesses like the instrument panel and centre console ones.

ukdeluded (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 04:25 PM

Ah now xdave that probably explains everything!

I was planning to go from unheated seats to front and back heated seats with the DVD players in the headrests for when I drive to France with the girls.

I have the older stereo with large heating control and minidisk player, with CD changer in the boot. I have the more modern touch screen as well but no cable for it on either loom and no back end navigation stuff.

I would at some point like to add Bluetooth as well.

I think then I need to find which fuse blew, pull out the new loom, put in the old one and maybe swap out the parts for the heated seats and the DVD bits.

I can live without DVD obviously, but I do love a warm bum!!

Old 03-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Thee infamous xDave! If anyone knows, it's DEFINITELY him!..

Old 03-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts

He's been hiding on the F-Type page.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:26 AM

He has a great knowledge repository! alecescolme has been really helpful too.

I think it's wire tracing time though...

Old 03-09-2016, 06:16 AM
Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

X-Dave, interesting, sounds like I was very lucky when I changed the telematics loom on my old x350? Both were from 2003 and wiring colours matched up.

Ukdeluded, you can check the year the loom was made, there should be a label with a date code (the part of the wiring that goes under the boot treadplate).

If you want mostly heated seats, is the wiring already there? My old X350 was pre-wired for heated rear seats- there should be a cable with two connectors at each end under the back-seat. The seat wiring, is part of the main body loom mostly.

I have never seen a car with rear TV and no sat nav, guess it could work, but I would personally fit the nav anyway. Are you missing the wiring/connector from the nav screen to the telematics loom. I have got a spare loom if you need it.

You could always create a retro-fit loom, by carefully removing the wiring you need and cutting at factory splices, but you may need to run some extra power feeds...

If you want to talk through any of this, give me a phone this afternoon.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mark in Maine
He's been hiding on the F-Type page.
Ahhh, No surprise there...

Old 03-09-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by alecescolme
I have got a spare loom if you need it.

You could always create a retro-fit loom, by carefully removing the wiring you need and cutting at factory splices, but you may need to run some extra power feeds...

If you want to talk through any of this, give me a phone this afternoon.
Thanks for this, I'm stuck in and out of meetings today so I'll be tackling it on Friday and Saturday.

The connector for the Sat Nav would be great, let me know what you'd like for it though.

I'll have the minidisc player out then as well if anyone wants it.

I think retro fitting is the way to go. My wiring loom definitely doesn't have the connection for the central heated heats switch for the back seats though, although obviously I'm more interested in the front seats

I possibly have a bigger issue however which makes me think I may have bought a turkey... last time I drove it the steering wheel went up and down (as when you first get in our out of the car) and the parking break fault light came on. I noticed also when you put the key in now instead of a single whirr it does multiple till you turn the key - that was before I started my 'upgrade' so wondering if I'm better going back to how it was, fixing that problem, selling and finding a different one. I'm in love with it so definitely another XJ. I had thought disconnecting the battery for ages would reset various things and fix it as per done other posts.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

I've been hiding in the F-Type forum because I actually ran out of things to change on my XJs.

Apologies for the long post here, but I wanted to try and keep it structured so you can follow it all the way through without jumping around.

Could you PM me the full VIN for the vehicle so I can check the market spec and ensure I don't give you incorrect part numbers? Don't post it on the open forum.

As I understand it you have a 2003 MY XJ6 with the following spec:

- LCD climate control panel (no existing satnav)
- Minidisc radio head
- CD changer
- Non-heated front and rear seats

Could you please confirm the following (for the original spec):
A1) What driver seat spec was fitted - 12 way with memory, 16 way with memory (movement + vertical lumbar), or no memory.
A2) What passenger seat spec was fitted (same options as above).
A3) What speaker spec is fitted (do you have subs in the parcel shelf, and do you have speakers in your dashboard (shine a torch through the grilles to see if a speaker is fitted).

From those answers we can build a good starting picture for the infotainment and seat specs that you are starting with.

I believe this is what you want to end up with, in order of preference:

- Heated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Satnav (which includes touch screen control of climate and radio systems)
- Rear seat entertainment

Could you please confirm the following (for the donor vehicle spec):
B1) What driver seat spec was fitted (same options as A1).
B2) What passenger seat spec was fitted (same options as above).
B3) I am going to assume that the donor vehicle had a high-line amplified audio/speaker system fitted.

From the donor vehicle you have:
- The front and rear seats
- The telematics harness
- The touchscreen complete with brackets, a new audio head unit and what appears to be the small harness between the heated seat buttons and the centre console harness which I cannot see in the photos.
- The rear seat heater button trim for the rear of the centre floor console (the bit with the vents in it).
- The rear seat entertainment module that drives the rear TV screens (the large grey metal unit with multiple connectors).

As alecescolme mentions if you can get a manufacture date code from the donor harness it will help to narrow down possible VIN breaks. The photo you posted of the 'spare' grey connector in the boot is typical of a later model year, where it was deleted around 2005. That connector will carry signals to your park brake and other systems that are currently routed via the body harness in your vehicle, so you will need to make some changes to reroute the wiring.

With regards to you desired spec -
(Note when I say IP I mean instrument panel which is the term for the dash board assembly not just the speedometer dials, etc.)

Heated front seats

These are controlled from the Front Electronic Module (FEM) and is a configurable software option. The wiring between the seats and the FEM is carried over the body/cabin harness which is the other main vehicle cabin harness after the telematics one. I cannot guarantee your vehicle is prewired for the heated front seats without a VIN, but for early cars it should be as there is no option on the body harness for with or without heated seats. (alecescolme’s experience confirms this.)

The control signals from the switches above the touch screen are carried over the small harness you have been provided with, and then through the centre console link harness which is what connects the telematics/body and IP harnesses to the back of the touch screen. It is the same harness that connects to your front cigar lighter and down over the RHS of the transmission tunnel to the telematics harness.

That harness typically costs around £50 new, and is worth replacing rather than adapting what you currently have to allow you to interface the new touchscreen and heater buttons to the rest of the wiring. Once I know your VIN I can get you a part no and price.

If the donor vehicle had memory seats and your vehicle did not then there will be additional changes needed. The memory switched in the door switch packs will need to be added, which will likely require the local door harnesses to be replaced as well. The actual memory commands are carried over the existing
CAN network so should not require any further changes. Local operation of the seats should work without the memory switches fitted.

Heated rear seats

These are controlled from the Rear Electronic Module (REM) and again is a configurable software option. The wiring between the seats and the REM is done over the body harness again, which does not appear to have with or without options specified so again the vehicle may be prewired for these.

The control signals from the switches are carried over the telematics harness to the cabin harness via connector TL35 (which is the spare connector you show a photo of, mentioned later on). If you can locate that connector body-side and check that pins 1 and 12 are connected on the cabin harness side then you should be good to go.

Sat nav
You will need to obtain the sat nav DVD unit to use the touch screen for any controls as it provides the video signal. The unit fits above the CD changer and you may find you need a replacement bracket to mount it in. You can simply cut a section from the side carpet trim in the boot to access the unit as it will be hidden by the flap when closed.

The navigation system is wired between the display and the DVD unit in the boot entirely over the telematics harness, so your new harness will contain all the wiring. If you replace the centre console link lead (see the note in the heated front seats bit above) then it makes it a lot easier. I can’t tell from your photos if you have the GPS antenna too which fits on the parcel shelf and connects to the donor telematics harness.

If the donor harness is specced for TV then you will have four antenna harnesses that are located along the back edge of the parcel shelf, glass side. In order to use those you would need to replace the rear windscreen and install amplifiers, but as the system is analogue-only it is not worth it for UK use as we only use digital signals now. You can however reuse those coaxial inputs to the touchscreen for a digital tuner, reversing camera, or anything else that produces an analogue signal that you can put through one of those TV signal converters and then tune the TV in to it.

All my target X350s had the touch screen specced from the factory and I was making other spec changes, so I am unsure if you will need to replace the climate control module too. With the X-Type which uses a very similar system I know that the original CCM could be carefully relocated within the IP void and still use the original IP harness. Hopefully the X350 is the same, or it might not even need to be relocated at all.

I'll come back to the wiring issues with using the new telematics harness later.

Rear seat entertainment
As you have the donor front seats they will be wired to the floor with the required video cables. Your donor telematics harness will also have the required connectors and wiring back to the rear seat AV module (that large grey metal box that mounts to the rear bulkhead behind the rear seat back). That system
is entirely self-contained as far as the wiring goes, however you may be missing some ancillary bits to get it all working.

With the donor rear seats did you get the arm rest complete with the entertainment switch pack? If so you are almost good to go.

You do still need the navigation DVD unit, but the wiring connections between the two systems will be present in your donor harness.

Without TV the rear screens would only be good for watching DVDs so you will need the DVD player which sides on top of the navigation unit in the trunk stack. The wiring for that is contained within the donor telematics harness.

That just leaves the big one...

The telematics harness

That spare grey connector in the trunk is a both a clue as to the telematics harness being incompatible but also a big help in identifying what he main differences are. It also ages the harness to around the 2005 MY break when it was deleted (build dates around mid-2014). As mentioned before that is connector TL35. The body-side pins in your vehicle should be as follows:

TL35-1 - WG - LR rear seat heater switch - CR4-10 (TL89-1)
TL35-3 - R - F51 10A rear fuse box - CR97-3 (CC1-15)
TL35-5 - RW - park brake release - CR32-6 (TL82-4)
TL35-6 - WU - park brake apply - CR32-5 (TL82-8)
TL35-7 - RU - rear park aid sounder - CR52-14 (IP1-10)
TL35-8 - YR - rear park aid sounder - CR52-17
TL35-12 - WU - RH rear seat heater switch - CR11-13 (TL89-2)
TL35-21 - Y - Serial data * - harness splice to TL35-15 and TL2-14 (any serial data Y in vehicle)
TL35-22 - U - Serial data * - harness splice to TL35-14 and TL2-4 (any serial data U in vehicle)

* Connects the park brake module and navi DVD unit to the serial data network. Serial data network wiring will be Y/U twisted pair.

The format given is:
TL35-pin - colour (may be different) - description - target connector for circuit (also available at this connector)

For example the first pin above translates as:
TL35 - pin position 1
Colour is white with green secondary stripe
Terminates as CR4 pin position 10
Also available at TL89 pin position 1

If you download the schematics from JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource for a 2005 car and search the PDF using those connector designators given you should be able to locate the other connectors as needed.

I've given a lot of emphasis to TL35 because from my experience of having to adapt an incompatible telematics harness most of the changes were to deal with its deletion on later vehicles. I did it the other way round - i.e. the donor telematics harness had TL35 but the target vehicle did not. I did this some years ago now but from memory I do remember changing the EBP and the park aid wiring to suit. Given yours is reversed to what I did I believe your changes would be to remove the TL35 male connector from the old harness with pigtails and:

For the park brake:
Take a new wire from the body-side TL35 you still have directly to CR32 which is connected to the EBP module roughly on the inside of where the fuel flap is. Note that the EBP will detect high resistance splices as a fault and flag an error, so ensure any splices are low resistance.

For the rear park aid sounder:
Simply locate and remove the two wires from your old harness and tape them to your new one. The park aid module is only about 1ft away from TL35 so it is easy to do.

For the serial data:
Splice your pigtails from TL35-21/22 to the matching wires in the telematics harness at the rear of the nav DVD unit (TL2). Ensure a good quality join because they are a critical network in your vehicle.

For the power (TL35-3):
The termination at CR97-3 is at the rear fuse box so is readily accessible. Use the electrical guides on the link above to locate the connector and pin and splice it directly to the TL35 pigtail. Ensure you use a comparable sized cable as it is fused at 10A.

For the rear seat heater switches (TL35-1/12):
Splice from the donor telematics harness at the terminated connectors TL89-1/2.

I think that covers all of the changes for that connector. I sadly don't recall the other changes I made in detail but there were some at the interface between the telematics harness and either the body or IP harnesses on the right side of the transmission tunnel at the front. They may have been to remove unused connectors where wires had been rerouted for the park brake, but I don't remember if there were any actual pin changes needed.

It would be worthwhile to compare pins on both sides of each connector in that area and if the colours or size of wire differs refer to the schematics to identify the connector, pin, and check the circuits. Note down all differences as you go along even if they look correct on the schematics as it will give you somewhere to start if something doesn't work instead of having to rip out the interior each time. If you can identify the connector then post back with the designator and I can try and help.

Finally (I promise!)… the errors you report in your last post:

last time I drove it the steering wheel went up and down (as when you first get in our out of the car) and the parking break fault light came on
The park brake fault is likely because of the changes around TL35, and is easily resolved.

The steering column movement is controlled by the driver seat module which will have been replaced when you switched the seats over. The DSM will need to be recoded to your steering column using a special serial number that is located on a barcode label stuck to the side of your trunk when the carpet trim is all removed. It is around 11 or 13 characters long from memory. I would suspect that recoding as the cause of the positioning error until it has been ruled out. It will require hooking up to SDD or the older IDS to do that, but is not hard and any independent with the software can do it in 15 minutes.

Last edited by xdave; 03-09-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Panthro (02-12-2019)
Old 03-09-2016, 03:14 PM

That is an amazing post xdave and deserving of a beer or bottle of wine!

The steering wheel and parkbreak started the night before I did anything, but good that they should be easy fixes.

The guy who sent the seats did also send the steering wheel, I just assumed I didn't need it!!

I will send you the VIN tomorrow or Friday morning, I have been taken away from the car tonight and am in London tomorrow.

Thank you very much, I feel a lot happier now. I'm meant to be driving Belgium the 26th so fingers crossed I have a working car by then!!

Old 03-09-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by ukdeluded
That is an amazing post xdave and deserving of a beer or bottle of wine!
Man that's the same thing (almost) I was going to say earlier when I 1st read it, but I didn't want to waste a post in your thread!..

J.A.G. (09-21-2021)
Old 03-11-2016, 03:18 AM

xdave - I'll get you the VIN today after my first meetings (work gets in the way of car work too much!!)

Originally Posted by xdave
I've been hiding in the F-Type forum because I actually ran out of things to change on my XJs.

Apologies for the long post here, but I wanted to try and keep it structured so you can follow it all the way through without jumping around.

Could you PM me the full VIN for the vehicle so I can check the market spec and ensure I don't give you incorrect part numbers? Don't post it on the open forum.

As I understand it you have a 2003 MY XJ6 with the following spec:

- LCD climate control panel (no existing satnav)
- Minidisc radio head
- CD changer
- Non-heated front and rear seats

Could you please confirm the following (for the original spec):
A1) What driver seat spec was fitted - 12 way with memory, 16 way with memory (movement + vertical lumbar), or no memory.

= original 12 way, no memory. New 16 way with memory (have doors also)

A2) What passenger seat spec was fitted (same options as above).

= same as above, no memory though on new set

A3) What speaker spec is fitted (do you have subs in the parcel shelf, and do you have speakers in your dashboard (shine a torch through the grilles to see if a speaker is fitted).

= no subs in parcel shelf, none under seats

From those answers we can build a good starting picture for the infotainment and seat specs that you are starting with.

I believe this is what you want to end up with, in order of preference:

- Heated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Satnav (which includes touch screen control of climate and radio systems)
- Rear seat entertainment

Could you please confirm the following (for the donor vehicle spec):
B1) What driver seat spec was fitted (same options as A1).

== 16 with memory

B2) What passenger seat spec was fitted (same options as above).

== 16 no memory

B3) I am going to assume that the donor vehicle had a high-line amplified audio/speaker system fitted.

From the donor vehicle you have:
- The front and rear seats
- The telematics harness
- The touchscreen complete with brackets, a new audio head unit and what appears to be the small harness between the heated seat buttons and the centre console harness which I cannot see in the photos.
- The rear seat heater button trim for the rear of the centre floor console (the bit with the vents in it).
- The rear seat entertainment module that drives the rear TV screens (the large grey metal unit with multiple connectors).

=== yes yes and yes! Also steering wheel and all doors

As alecescolme mentions if you can get a manufacture date code from the donor harness it will help to narrow down possible VIN breaks. The photo you posted of the 'spare' grey connector in the boot is typical of a later model year, where it was deleted around 2005. That connector will carry signals to your park brake and other systems that are currently routed via the body harness in your vehicle, so you will need to make some changes to reroute the wiring.

With regards to you desired spec -
(Note when I say IP I mean instrument panel which is the term for the dash board assembly not just the speedometer dials, etc.)

Heated front seats

These are controlled from the Front Electronic Module (FEM) and is a configurable software option. The wiring between the seats and the FEM is carried over the body/cabin harness which is the other main vehicle cabin harness after the telematics one. I cannot guarantee your vehicle is prewired for the heated front seats without a VIN, but for early cars it should be as there is no option on the body harness for with or without heated seats. (alecescolme’s experience confirms this.)

The control signals from the switches above the touch screen are carried over the small harness you have been provided with, and then through the centre console link harness which is what connects the telematics/body and IP harnesses to the back of the touch screen. It is the same harness that connects to your front cigar lighter and down over the RHS of the transmission tunnel to the telematics harness.

That harness typically costs around £50 new, and is worth replacing rather than adapting what you currently have to allow you to interface the new touchscreen and heater buttons to the rest of the wiring. Once I know your VIN I can get you a part no and price.

If the donor vehicle had memory seats and your vehicle did not then there will be additional changes needed. The memory switched in the door switch packs will need to be added, which will likely require the local door harnesses to be replaced as well. The actual memory commands are carried over the existing
CAN network so should not require any further changes. Local operation of the seats should work without the memory switches fitted.

Heated rear seats

These are controlled from the Rear Electronic Module (REM) and again is a configurable software option. The wiring between the seats and the REM is done over the body harness again, which does not appear to have with or without options specified so again the vehicle may be prewired for these.

The control signals from the switches are carried over the telematics harness to the cabin harness via connector TL35 (which is the spare connector you show a photo of, mentioned later on). If you can locate that connector body-side and check that pins 1 and 12 are connected on the cabin harness side then you should be good to go.

== yes, using the wiring diagram it is definitely TL35

Sat nav
You will need to obtain the sat nav DVD unit to use the touch screen for any controls as it provides the video signal. The unit fits above the CD changer and you may find you need a replacement bracket to mount it in. You can simply cut a section from the side carpet trim in the boot to access the unit as it will be hidden by the flap when closed.

The navigation system is wired between the display and the DVD unit in the boot entirely over the telematics harness, so your new harness will contain all the wiring. If you replace the centre console link lead (see the note in the heated front seats bit above) then it makes it a lot easier. I can’t tell from your photos if you have the GPS antenna too which fits on the parcel shelf and connects to the donor telematics harness.

== not sure, it had the ariel but I don't think it has the GPS element, will google to see what it looks like

If the donor harness is specced for TV then you will have four antenna harnesses that are located along the back edge of the parcel shelf, glass side. In order to use those you would need to replace the rear windscreen and install amplifiers, but as the system is analogue-only it is not worth it for UK use as we only use digital signals now. You can however reuse those coaxial inputs to the touchscreen for a digital tuner, reversing camera, or anything else that produces an analogue signal that you can put through one of those TV signal converters and then tune the TV in to it.

All my target X350s had the touch screen specced from the factory and I was making other spec changes, so I am unsure if you will need to replace the climate control module too. With the X-Type which uses a very similar system I know that the original CCM could be carefully relocated within the IP void and still use the original IP harness. Hopefully the X350 is the same, or it might not even need to be relocated at all.

I'll come back to the wiring issues with using the new telematics harness later.

Rear seat entertainment
As you have the donor front seats they will be wired to the floor with the required video cables. Your donor telematics harness will also have the required connectors and wiring back to the rear seat AV module (that large grey metal box that mounts to the rear bulkhead behind the rear seat back). That system
is entirely self-contained as far as the wiring goes, however you may be missing some ancillary bits to get it all working.

With the donor rear seats did you get the arm rest complete with the entertainment switch pack? If so you are almost good to go.

== yes indeed

You do still need the navigation DVD unit, but the wiring connections between the two systems will be present in your donor harness.

== I will order, the wires are there

Without TV the rear screens would only be good for watching DVDs so you will need the DVD player which sides on top of the navigation unit in the trunk stack. The wiring for that is contained within the donor telematics harness.

=== I have the DVD player

That just leaves the big one...

The telematics harness

That spare grey connector in the trunk is a both a clue as to the telematics harness being incompatible but also a big help in identifying what he main differences are. It also ages the harness to around the 2005 MY break when it was deleted (build dates around mid-2014). As mentioned before that is connector TL35. The body-side pins in your vehicle should be as follows:

TL35-1 - WG - LR rear seat heater switch - CR4-10 (TL89-1)
TL35-3 - R - F51 10A rear fuse box - CR97-3 (CC1-15)
TL35-5 - RW - park brake release - CR32-6 (TL82-4)
TL35-6 - WU - park brake apply - CR32-5 (TL82-8)
TL35-7 - RU - rear park aid sounder - CR52-14 (IP1-10)
TL35-8 - YR - rear park aid sounder - CR52-17
TL35-12 - WU - RH rear seat heater switch - CR11-13 (TL89-2)
TL35-21 - Y - Serial data * - harness splice to TL35-15 and TL2-14 (any serial data Y in vehicle)
TL35-22 - U - Serial data * - harness splice to TL35-14 and TL2-4 (any serial data U in vehicle)

* Connects the park brake module and navi DVD unit to the serial data network. Serial data network wiring will be Y/U twisted pair.

The format given is:
TL35-pin - colour (may be different) - description - target connector for circuit (also available at this connector)

For example the first pin above translates as:
TL35 - pin position 1
Colour is white with green secondary stripe
Terminates as CR4 pin position 10
Also available at TL89 pin position 1

If you download the schematics from JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource for a 2005 car and search the PDF using those connector designators given you should be able to locate the other connectors as needed.

I've given a lot of emphasis to TL35 because from my experience of having to adapt an incompatible telematics harness most of the changes were to deal with its deletion on later vehicles. I did it the other way round - i.e. the donor telematics harness had TL35 but the target vehicle did not. I did this some years ago now but from memory I do remember changing the EBP and the park aid wiring to suit. Given yours is reversed to what I did I believe your changes would be to remove the TL35 male connector from the old harness with pigtails and:

For the park brake:
Take a new wire from the body-side TL35 you still have directly to CR32 which is connected to the EBP module roughly on the inside of where the fuel flap is. Note that the EBP will detect high resistance splices as a fault and flag an error, so ensure any splices are low resistance.

For the rear park aid sounder:
Simply locate and remove the two wires from your old harness and tape them to your new one. The park aid module is only about 1ft away from TL35 so it is easy to do.

For the serial data:
Splice your pigtails from TL35-21/22 to the matching wires in the telematics harness at the rear of the nav DVD unit (TL2). Ensure a good quality join because they are a critical network in your vehicle.

For the power (TL35-3):
The termination at CR97-3 is at the rear fuse box so is readily accessible. Use the electrical guides on the link above to locate the connector and pin and splice it directly to the TL35 pigtail. Ensure you use a comparable sized cable as it is fused at 10A.

For the rear seat heater switches (TL35-1/12):
Splice from the donor telematics harness at the terminated connectors TL89-1/2.

I think that covers all of the changes for that connector. I sadly don't recall the other changes I made in detail but there were some at the interface between the telematics harness and either the body or IP harnesses on the right side of the transmission tunnel at the front. They may have been to remove unused connectors where wires had been rerouted for the park brake, but I don't remember if there were any actual pin changes needed.

It would be worthwhile to compare pins on both sides of each connector in that area and if the colours or size of wire differs refer to the schematics to identify the connector, pin, and check the circuits. Note down all differences as you go along even if they look correct on the schematics as it will give you somewhere to start if something doesn't work instead of having to rip out the interior each time. If you can identify the connector then post back with the designator and I can try and help.

Finally (I promise!)… the errors you report in your last post:

The park brake fault is likely because of the changes around TL35, and is easily resolved.

The steering column movement is controlled by the driver seat module which will have been replaced when you switched the seats over. The DSM will need to be recoded to your steering column using a special serial number that is located on a barcode label stuck to the side of your trunk when the carpet trim is all removed. It is around 11 or 13 characters long from memory. I would suspect that recoding as the cause of the positioning error until it has been ruled out. It will require hooking up to SDD or the older IDS to do that, but is not hard and any independent with the software can do it in 15 minutes.
Again many many thanks xdave, you have cleared my Jaguar blues even though I have a long weekend of splicing and dicing ahead!!!

Old 03-15-2016, 02:27 PM

So, after a good discussion with xdave (whom I owe many thanks) I decided to put the car back together as was and simply repair the driver door handle. Whereas some may say I have just completely stripped and rebuild my lovely Jag for no reason, I like to think I have learnt to completely strip and rebuilt the interior of a Jag!

After putting it all back together though all my errors are gone and the drive is fantastic!

Also, tried the old toothpaste trick on the headlamps and to my surprise have gone from very cloudy headlamps to lovely clear ones. Also fitted new number plates.

After not being able to use Vito (which is what my kids want to call it) for a week and a bit, driving again put a huge smile on my face and just walking up to him in the car park made me smile massively!

This does mean that shortly there will be a full black leather interior with heated seats, DVD screens, stereo, all door cards, the magical silver entertainment box, full wiring loom on eBay!