XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

so this is what happened....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

So you elected to get it fixed? How much did the repairs end up costing?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost two months at body shop, and they still haven't finished it. Two times they said it would be done with it and sent to dealership for electronics diagnostics.....find out on friday they are still assembling it!!! And this is from the only jaguar certified body shop in San Antonio! I shudder to think how long dealership will have it if they have to replace components and modules....especially if they don't have them in stock and have to order them from somewhere!!!!! Sheeesh!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:13 AM

the fun never ends! FINALLY got my car on friday. noted large scuff mark on lower driver bumper cover. body shop guy had no idea about that. went through two fuel pumps because the first one replaced was defective, so was changed under warranty. took it home at night, noted first off i have NO license plate lights, as weel as no trunk illumination, and there is no illumination on the dvd/nav/cd changer faceplates. soooo. all in all, glad i took plunge int to rentl, and someone is gonna get an earfull on monday. nevermind the trunk latch STILL does not work properly, and car didn't want to start this afternoon! getting really frustrated over all the half-a$$ h=job that;s getting done !!!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,378 Likes on 1,488 Posts

How are things working out?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x2

any updates?

I hope you didn't take the car to the collision center by Lackland (I'll find the name for ya) they did me wrong a few years ago

Old 10-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Sorry formthe delay in response. So this is what has been going on...2 weeks I picked it up, but there were a number I'd detail
Issues and lights (license plate and trunk) that did not work, scuff marks and beginning of sagging headliner. Took it back,
And was told they the bulb sockets weren't in and would have to be ordered. Several days later I got car back with issues addressed, but was told that it still ran a bit rough but that was probably due to the amount of time it sat there waiting for parts. Headliner was same issue...sitting in heat. Was told to let them know if it still ran rough after amweek to let them know. So yesterday (Monday), I dropped my daughter at daycare

Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM

And the check engine light came on with the message of "restricted performance"... I guess that is the limp home mode. Body shop told memo take it to dealership as they were the last ones to work on it (replacing a second faulty fuel pump!!). So now they have it and I don't know what the outcome is going to be! I am so tired of this entire ordeal!!!
The body shop is northside collision, only jag authorized body shop in town and works with aluminum bodied cars.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,378 Likes on 1,488 Posts

So I am guessing another week or two in the shop? Sheesh! No doubt these are complicated cars to rebuild. How much has the insurance company paid so far?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 PM

Latest update was this afternoon...dealership calls and tells me that the check engine warning was due to a crack in the intake manifold. Apparently will be replaced under the insurance due to collision...then she tells me that there is a rubber hose under the manifold the is in need of replacement and did I want to do it since the intake manifold was already out at a coat of $287. If I chose to leave it be, when it had to be replaced due to failure, then just labor would be approx $900!!! is this possible?!? Anyway I told her to just get it done at this point, not that I have $300 to spare, but I don't want to pay more later because frankly this car is becoming more of a money pit than my old 83 XJ6!!
So now we wait and see what else needs fixing! I still have a couple of scratches on rear driver door and front hood from inept tow truck operators!
And the saga continues!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by jahummer
So I am guessing another week or two in the shop? Sheesh! No doubt these are complicated cars to rebuild. How much has the insurance company paid so far?
So far about $9000-10,000!!! Can you believe it? And it was just in the rear! Didn't look like it went past rear wheelwells, but evidently internally it did!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Man I am really sorry for your insurance issue. No one ever wins.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 PM

latest update, car still runs a little rough, hard start on occasion. my seven year old has the solution though..."stop trying, daddy, just count to 20 and then try again!" ironically, it works. dealer told me it needs new battery. i think it is something else as it doesn't seem to lose cranking power with repeated attempts at turning engine over and on. maybe, maybe not.
additionally, navigation unit doesn't want to recognize map DVD....even though it is same map DVD that always has been in there, then even with a newer map DVD. so it's been 2 week and still waiting for insurance appraiser to authorize replacement unit...which happens to run around $2200!
and to top it off, noticed the other day that the plastic panel on the trunk lid has been attached off-kilter, leaving a 4-5mm gap on the right side....that shold be taken care of by the body shop though when i take it in for the "final buff and wax". my 83 xj6 died during the summer, i think it may be a vacuum leak that won't allow it to stay at idle, so it just dies. but i think i will try to get it fixed and use it as my daily driver instead....meanwhile, i may get my next door neighbor to do my brakes as per instruction posted recently on this forum. i just can't keep dumping money fixing things with the dealer right now!!!