XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

sorry

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy sorry

Sorry for all the controversey with my previous post guys , my point at the time being simply I'm rather impulsive when it comes to buying cars, and before I spent all that $ on something I didn't really need I simply wanted to find out if those of you whom already owned one thought it lived up to the hype and enjoyed the car. But instead of helpful advice I got grammar lessons thanks. But it's really a moot point now I bought it and it was delivered Sunday. Thanks but I don't think I'll be back for advice or anything else soon

Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Sorry to hear this Mozart, I was looking forward to a pic or two of your New XJ. I reckon that would be as near as I'll ever get to one.

Reading about 'real' owners experiences with these types of cars is always a pleasure, it's a bit like driving by proxy.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

thanks for the follow up Mozart, but are you going to let a single member with only 6 posts (at the time) to shape your impression of the overall forum? If you stick around, you'll realize there's plenty of fragrance to offset an occasional odor.

On the topic of your original 'truth or dare' post, please remember, you are communicating with text, and like all written correspondence, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure and capitalization & spelling (this pair most often excused in these days of IM convenience) is all we get, and they should be taken into account at some level. I find it difficult to read runon sentences in posts, and poor grammar (and sometimes spelling) makes me carefully consider how I should reply/respond, if at all. It is only human nature to evaluate these writing characteristics when 'meeting' a new member on any internet forums, no matter how hard we try not to.

We would have benefited from having your continued participation as we are just now building a membership of you new model XJ owners. If you choose not to return, we cannot make you.

Last edited by H20boy; 08-10-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: added some stuff
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

I was surprised by your comparison with Corvette Forum. If there's one place on the internet where character assassinations, bubba fixes, bad advice, and rude or nasty postings are the 'norm', that's it.

I come here for the civility and peace.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  19.3 KB

lol....Cheers Mikey and we're glad to have you too!

H20boy put it very well Mozart I have to say!
Having said that, I read your initial post before there were any replies if I remember and decided not to post, but to watch and see what transpired. TBH It did look to me as if it may be someone trying to bait the forum....we have had that in the past and it can get peoples backs up.

If there's negative comments about our cars chances are we know them more than most and are prepared to discuss them for sure, but when its just someone on the wind up it can get outta hand.
Obviously you're not that kind of guy and hopefully you decide to stick around with an open mind and check it out a little further before you leave.

If anything, this is IMO one of the friendliest forums around.

Anyway, your choice

All the best

Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Smile

Ok now that all the craziness over my first posting is over let's start all over again. My initial question was about weather xj pawner thought their car was as super as the initial reviews. I'm a certified car nut(im in the business and own a few dealerships in central jersey .
And I'm kind crazy when it comes to my own cars in the past 10 years or less I've had a Lexus sc430,traded that for an xk vert,that for a BMW 650 vert,then a BMW 335 hardtop vert . And so a year or 2 ago the BMW for a Lexus is vert. I said I love this car it's a keeper,then I saw the jag commercial went back to jersey for a visit( moved to fla in Jan.I wLked in the jag dealership liked what I saw worked out a good deal but this time I figured I'd check with other owners since this was a. Little more expensive than usual. Anyway bought a white xj with chocolate interior one of ny main sales men drove it down got it Sunday still trying to figure everything out.so that's the story hi bob

Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

I think you will be very pleased. Just crossed over the 2,000 mile mark on mine and so far it has lived up to all of the hype that normally accompanies a new model release. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to exchanging constructive comments.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What dealerships do you own in Central New Jersey? I'm from that area. How good of a deal did you get on the XJ?

Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Talking

We own world jeep,world subarea in tinton falls and world vw in neptune the sticker on the car was low 70's got it for upper 60's.but the big plus was the Lexus the jag and Lexus place are owned by the same guy,so even though the Lexus was in fl they knew the car so sight unseen offered me mid 30's so I said I think it's worth more,(too new to be listed in gales) and if I didn't get what I thought it was worth I'd have my dealership buy it and put it on the lot. They knew my car was still almost new so I got a little under 40,000 so the whole deal cost me a little under 30

Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

and where are you from originally?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 PM

Mendham...near Morristown

Old 08-17-2010, 10:02 AM

not you lol , mozart

Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by JagMaster
not you lol , mozart

Exactly what the "quote" feature is utilized for...so people know who you are directing your question/response to. Just an FYI.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by kid delicious
Exactly what the "quote" feature is utilized for...so people know who you are directing your question/response to. Just an FYI.
Yes but if you are not using a quote and posting a reply after someone that message is for the last person replied. Besides check out my other threads I always use quotes its not like I dont know how to use forums

Old 08-17-2010, 01:15 PM

outside asbury park ocean twp then colts neck nj

Old 08-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mozart
outside asbury park ocean twp then colts neck nj
nice I thought you were Italian or something thats why I asked, my office is in coral springs by the way

Old 08-17-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by JagMaster
Yes but if you are not using a quote and posting a reply after someone that message is for the last person replied. Besides check out my other threads I always use quotes its not like I dont know how to use forums

He was the last person in the thread to reply, but I was the last person in the thread to mention where I'm originally from, which is what your question pertained to. Mozart's posting regarding where his Jersey roots was all the way at the top of the thread. Hardly unreasonable to assume that you were inquiring as to my hometown since I was the last person in many days of postings to even mention being from Jersey. Thus the reason why I said that using the quote feature is helpful...not that you're unfamiliar with it, but perhaps a reminder of why/when it's useful. If anyone thinks I'm way off the mark here, other than myself or JagMaster, feel free to chime in....I'm not above learning a thing or two myself.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Ok, settle down kid delicious , mistunderstandings can happen anywhere . Quote is useful and you can also use multi-quotes when you need .
No need to raise the stink just because of not using quotes

Last edited by Cadillac; 08-18-2010 at 06:04 AM.